1. Joined
    15 Aug '12
    Moves
    04 Dec '14 00:171 edit
    Not sure if he/she is actually serious about playing. I messaged woadman about a game, and no reply...I guess my conditions weren't to their liking maybe. Oh well-won't lose sleep over it.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Dec '14 01:16
    Originally posted by King Tiger
    Not sure if he/she is actually serious about playing. I messaged woadman about a game, and no reply...I guess my conditions weren't to their liking maybe. Oh well-won't lose sleep over it.
    I PM'd him and got a response, several, actually. Don't know if that means anything though.
  3. Joined
    21 Nov '14
    Moves
    04 Dec '14 16:47
    Yes I also play on chess-mail.com My rating there is 2590. Which puts me in the top 40 or so. I've been there only a year. My ICCF was 2450 ish..havent played there in many years. I'm clearing out some games on other sites in preparation to taking on some tough games here. just need a week or two. I appreciate the others from several players. This looks like a top-notched site for chess. I like the forums a lot.
  4. Joined
    18 Feb '10
    Moves
    04 Dec '14 17:321 edit
    Originally posted by The Gravedigger
    There was a woadman playing on Chess Mail last year.
    Rating 1499.
    http://www.chess-mail.com/info.php?pseudo=woadman
    http://www.chess-mail.com/info.php?pseudo=woadman62
  5. Joined
    21 Nov '14
    Moves
    04 Dec '14 19:421 edit
    well, as far as I know, I'm the only one with that handle.....Maybe that was a provisional rating..I dont remember.
  6. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    04 Dec '14 21:21
    Originally posted by woadman
    Yes I also play on chess-mail.com My rating there is 2590. Which puts me in the top 40 or so. I've been there only a year. My ICCF was 2450 ish..havent played there in many years. I'm clearing out some games on other sites in preparation to taking on some tough games here. just need a week or two. I appreciate the others from several players. This looks like a top-notched site for chess. I like the forums a lot.
    Looks like you are the real deal.

I feel humble in your presence.

Forgive me I beseech thee.
  7. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    05 Dec '14 00:01
    Hi everyone...thank you all very much for the offers to play some games. Right now I am maxxed out and can't accept any new games. I also play on another website, too. Plus I'm spending loads of time following the Russian Superfinals and Qatar tournaments.
    Are you suggesting that your "spending loads of time following the Russian Superfinals and Qatar tournaments" would delay your responses here?
  8. Standard memberblunderdog
    R.I.P. mikelom
    Dogville, USA
    Moves
    05 Dec '14 01:365 edits
    toadman: "Yes I also play on chess-mail.com My rating there is 2590. Which puts me in the top 40 or so. I've been there only a year. My ICCF was 2450 ish..havent played there in many years. I'm clearing out some games on other sites in preparation to taking on some tough games here. just need a week or two. I appreciate the [offers]
    from several players. This looks like a top-notched site for chess. I like the forums a lot."

I don't believe this guy is for real for a second. He's trying too hard to appear to be a strong player. Following the Russian Super finals, 'improvements' in the Berlin Defense, "2590 rating", or any amount of bravado does not make him appear "at first glance" to be a strong player. It sounds like BS to me.

I remember one time long ago I was pretty high ranked at a chess sit. This one guy, obviously just a kid, was super eager to play me. I suspected he'd be using an engine, but I went ahead and played him anyway. He played the Sicilian Najdorf, the best line for 10-15 moves as well against me so I thought maybe he was legit. But he played very strong tactically and sacked pieces and mated me very quickly. Suspicious, I asked him what was the opening he played against me, to which he answered, "I don't know the names, I just play them".

Yeah, okay 😉
  9. Joined
    21 Nov '14
    Moves
    05 Dec '14 01:41
    yes Following the Qatar & Russian Superfinals live stream and checking ALL the games for TN's and new ideas does time up a lot of time. I also follow Kosteniuk's career in the women's section.
  10. Joined
    21 Nov '14
    Moves
    05 Dec '14 01:44
    I don't believe this guy is for real for a second. He's trying too hard to appear to be a strong player. Following the Russian Super finals, 'improvements' in the Berlin Defense, "2590 rating", or any amount of bravado does not make him appear "at first glance" to be a strong player. It sounds like BS to me.[/b]

Well you could have a look at my games (here) so far...
  11. Standard memberblunderdog
    R.I.P. mikelom
    Dogville, USA
    Moves
    05 Dec '14 01:491 edit
    I also follow chess news: the candidates, Grischuk's climb into the 2800 elo, Nakamura-Aronian match, Carlsen's defense of the world title, Alexandra Kosteniuk, and Hou Yifan's challenge to Judit's 25-year reign at the top of women's chess, etc etc. So what?
  12. Joined
    15 Aug '12
    Moves
    05 Dec '14 02:241 edit
    Three games completed and all against sub 1800 opponents. Not to insult your opponents, but I'm surprised you would refer to these games as a measure of potential strength. That's like a guy coming to me wanting to box a round-'Have you boxed before', I might ask him. 'Ya, I walloped a 8 year old kid once.' Okay, I guess I better be on my guard then.

I sent you an offer for a game. You promptly read and deleted the message. If you were actually legit in playing a page 1 player you would have taken the offer regardless that I said 3/7 and unrated.

Sounds like a lot of hot air from you.
  13. SubscriberAspasia
    Old Frog
    Elysium
    Moves
    05 Dec '14 10:10
    A lot of hot air
    is drying my hair...
  14. SubscriberAspasia
    Old Frog
    Elysium
    Moves
    05 Dec '14 10:11
    Originally posted by King Tiger
    Three games completed and all against sub 1800 opponents. Not to insult your opponents, but I'm surprised you would refer to these games as a measure of potential strength. That's like a guy coming to me wanting to box a round-'Have you boxed before', I might ask him. 'Ya, I walloped a 8 year old kid once.' Okay, I guess I better be on my guard then.

...[text shortened]... ken the offer regardless that I said 3/7 and unrated.

Sounds like a lot of hot air from you.
    Nothing more must be posted here...
  15. SubscriberAspasia
    Old Frog
    Elysium
    Moves
    05 Dec '14 10:12
    I think I look to the RHP players table in 2018 again when woadman is "prepared" for the great unrated here... 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree