1. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 20:311 edit
    I'd like to invite all non subs (and subs that are interested,) to participate in a tournament open to non-subscribers in the private forum of Club 253. We already have 42 players participating, with ratings from 900 to 2100. It will be a knockout tournament, which means you will only need to play two games per round. The time controls are 3/0. If anyone is interested in playing, just apply to the club and I'll add you to the entrants list. Anyone with any questions can post them here, or message me. The pairings will be sent out in less than a week. Good luck to any entrants!

-Kareem
  2. Tennessee
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 21:04
    I am a new player. Tell me how to apply to the club. I clicked on the tournament it said open to subscribers only. I am interested in the tournament and if it is a good experience I will probably be a subscriber. Also, does 3/0 mean 3 days time control and no timebank?
    Thanks.
  3. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 21:09
    To apply to the club, click on the link, and then the link on the left-hand side of the page there is a link "click here to apply." Unfortunately, the sight doesn't generally allow non-subs to participate in conventional tournaments. However, I've set one up manually, so all you have to do is tell me that you'd like to participate, and you're in. I'll manually send out the pairings regarding who plays who, and you challenge them manually. Cheers.
  4. Joined
    26 Jan '10
    Moves
    21 Jun '10 02:17
    Originally posted by clandarkfire
    If anyone is interested in playing, just apply to the club and I'll add you to the entrants list. Anyone with any questions can post them here, or message me. The pairings will be sent out in less than a week. Good luck to any entrants!

-Kareem
    I am interested, but I have some questions.

a) It is currently exam week and my final exam is on Wednesday (46 hours away!) so I can commit to joining after that, since I will have a ton of free time! Is that too late for entering?

b) What does 3/0 mean?
  5. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    21 Jun '10 02:21
    You can join now, as the pairings won't be sent out until next Saturday anyway. 3/0 means three days of timeout per move with no timebank. Hopefully, most people will play faster than that though, to speed things up.
  6. Joined
    28 Mar '10
    Moves
    21 Jun '10 14:541 edit
    I applied to the club to join this tourney.
    Do I need to have two free slots by next week or will there appear additional slots?

toet.
  7. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    21 Jun '10 15:33
    Try to get yourself two free slots. There is a way to get extra slots through the club system, but it's a bit of a pain and I'd rather avoid it if possible.
  8. Joined
    28 Mar '10
    Moves
    21 Jun '10 16:291 edit
    Originally posted by clandarkfire
    Try to get yourself two free slots. There is a way to get extra slots through the club system, but it's a bit of a pain and I'd rather avoid it if possible.
    Ok.Doesn't look like any game will end soon but will try.Can always resign 🙂

Anything else I need to do?Post in the club forum perhaps?Club tourney #2?

toet.
  9. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    21 Jun '10 17:11
    I've added you to the list, so it's fine, you're all set. If you don't get any open slots immediately, it should be OK, just make sure you don't start any new games before the tourney starts.
  10. Joined
    20 Apr '10
    Moves
    21 Jun '10 21:36
    just double checking, do we only have to be accepted into the club to be listed for the tourney or do we have to post in the clubs private forum?

,rapid
  11. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    21 Jun '10 22:04
    Originally posted by rapidchess91
    just double checking, do we only have to be accepted into the club to be listed for the tourney or do we have to post in the clubs private forum?

,rapid
    just get accepted and you're fine
  12. Joined
    30 Oct '07
    Moves
    21 Jun '10 22:32
    Please enroll me in your tournament.

Thank you.
  13. Joined
    26 Jan '10
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 03:18
    Originally posted by sir
    Please enroll me in your tournament.

Thank you.
    Could you please enroll me into your tournament also?

Thank you!
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 10:01
    May I come too?
  15. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    22 Jun '10 16:53
    Originally posted by Macpo
    May I come too?
    You're in!

@Tiwaking I'm not sure if you got my message, but you have to join the club to compete, as it's being done in the club forum.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree