1. The sky
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 21:54
    Originally posted by Falco Lombardi
    MerchantPark Pro apparently got booted from Playchess.com as well.
    Surprise, surprise!
  2. West London UK
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 23:20
    Originally posted by EveRyDay
    One of my first private posts. 😛

This will be long, so steel yourself. But I think it's worth it after all.

First, about psychology. A serious high leveled chess game starts way before the parties sit down to play. And even if I don't count these games serious (I mean no disrespect here, I just can't help not having the same feeling like on the board ...[text shortened]... ny more questions feel free to ask.
    I'm thinking of subscribing - and thought I'd see what sort of posts are occuring.

Loads of comments against EveRyDay, and he goes to the trouble of posting a game with some really nice personal and knowledgable analysis, and not one single response - how sad.

Is this what you call putting your money where your mouth is?😀
  3. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '07 01:36
    Originally posted by Dolphin55
    I'm thinking of subscribing - and thought I'd see what sort of posts are occuring.

Loads of comments against EveRyDay, and he goes to the trouble of posting a game with some really nice personal and knowledgable analysis, and not one single response - how sad.

Sometimes it's difficult to make the comments one would like to make because cheating accusations are frowned upon on this site.
  4. Joined
    09 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '07 02:50
    Originally posted by Bedlam
    Telling you about databases and not engines 🙂

Engines tend to be rated around 2600+ in normal time standards so kind of strong 🙂
    Sorry sensei.
  5. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '07 14:301 edit
    Originally posted by Dolphin55

You think it is fit and proper to make boasts that not even pros like Fischer, Tal or Kasparov can make? If indeed one can claim to see tactics faster than Fritz then why have an ICC account to spectate? Or why leave Kramnik to do a multi-million pound match against Fritz when he claim he is better than both Kramnik and Fritz?
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    26 Jan '07 14:44
    Originally posted by EveRyDay
    I play here because I'm cursed to bed for four months - with two already spent - and besides reading and watching 'The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy' on Cartoon Network around 3:20 am every day, there's not much for me to do when I can't sleep all night. But I hate whining. I don't want to explain 1000000 times, that yes I play fast because I have a hernia and I'm in bed 24/7.
    From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hernia
    "Many patients are managed through surgical daycare centers, and are able to return to work within a week or two, while heavy activities are prohibited for a longer period. Surgical complications have been estimated to be up to 10%, but most of them can be easily addressed."

D
  7. Joined
    09 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '07 16:13
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    "Many patients are managed through surgical daycare centers, and are able to return to work within a week or two, while heavy activities are prohibited for a longer period. Surgical complications have been estimated to be up to 10%, but most of them can be easily addressed."

D
    Same thing I thought.
  8. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Moves
    31 Jan '07 07:51
    Originally posted by Ragnorak

D
    Maybe he doesn't want or can't have surgery? Why not ask directly?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree