1. Joined
    05 Apr '06
    Moves
    15 May '06 19:43
    who plays blind chess ?
    who plays chess without the board ?
    I read somewhere that it can be risky for mental health if you are not used to it , true or not ?
  2. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    15 May '06 20:00

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    28 Mar '06
    Moves
    15 May '06 20:17
    it's actually not that complicated:
    you opponent moves,
    your friend (who moves the pieces) calls out the move in notation form.
    You study the 'board' (while blindfolded) and call out your move in notation form
    your friend moves the piece

As for the mental health....some people say all chess players are insane...so to each his own
  4. Joined
    05 Apr '06
    Moves
    15 May '06 20:22
    Originally posted by e4master
    it's actually not that complicated:
    you opponent moves,
    your friend (who moves the pieces) calls out the move in notation form.
    You study the 'board' (while blindfolded) and call out your move in notation form
    your friend moves the piece

As for the mental health....some people say all chess players are insane...so to each his own
    it's too complicated !
  5. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    15 May '06 20:48
    Originally posted by HFRorbis
    who plays blind chess ?
    I read somewhere that it can be risky for mental health if you are not used to it , true or not ?
    I've done it a couple of times. It's very mentally demanding and draining, but I'm not sure if it's dangerous for mental health. No more than doing rigorous excersize is dangerous for physical health. If you have a previous problem, like hearth disease, it could be dangerous, but not for the majority of us.
  6. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 May '06 20:51
    Originally posted by HFRorbis
    who plays blind chess ?
    The Russians outlawed the event about 20 years ago. If you really want to find out why then google it.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 May '06 22:14
    Originally posted by arrakis
    The Russians outlawed the event about 20 years ago. If you really want to find out why then google it.
    I think it was a lot more than 20 years ago, (like 60+) don't think it's still banned.
    Or is it?
  8. Standard membermosquitorespect
    Not Royalty
    Not in a palace
    Moves
    15 May '06 22:18
    Originally posted by ark13
    If you have a previous problem, like hearth disease...
    Put another log in?
  9. London
    Moves
    15 May '06 23:02
    Originally posted by arrakis
    "Simultaneous blindfold exhibitions were officially banned in 1930 in the USSR as they were deemed to be a health hazard."

Genius
  10. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 May '06 23:16
    I have played a few games blindfold it is kinda fun. only very weak players thought.
  11. Joined
    20 Apr '06
    Moves
    16 May '06 04:51
    I know some medical people used to view it as risky for mental health,(i think that was the case in morphys time.) but i thought that changed over time and now its recognised as not being such a risk. but i cant quite remember what i read about it so i may be wrong. does anyone know how to train yourself to be able to visualise that well? or is it that if you understand enough about the Intricacies of chess positions in general it becomes easy.
  12. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    18 May '06 21:26
    Originally posted by TheDarkKnight
    I know some medical people used to view it as risky for mental health,(i think that was the case in morphys time.) but i thought that changed over time and now its recognised as not being such a risk. but i cant quite remember what i read about it so i may be wrong. does anyone know how to train yourself to be able to visualise that well? or is it that if you understand enough about the Intricacies of chess positions in general it becomes easy.
    It's a clear knowledge of the board on a visual level. Visualization. That's all it is. Lev ALburt does this with knight sight in the first two volumes, but just knights, nothing more.
  13. Joined
    20 Apr '06
    Moves
    19 May '06 03:31
    thx, so i guess just practice visualising is all there is to it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree