1. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 12:31
    Originally posted by Jusuh
    The point is that if black has a lost position after only about 20 moves, he must have played badly. Ivantsuk didnt make any gross mistakes, but in his level even slight errors can lead to doom. Carlsen took advantage of them, but then again I guess any 2700 rated could have done the same.

And sure, if GMs say Ivantsuk played well then who am I to deny it. It just seems little obscure claim as he lost so quickly.
    Of course - its easy to make sound and abstract statements without analysing game 🙂
  2. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 12:32
    well umm....lets see...on move 23. (23...g5)
    Can you suggest good alternative instead?
  3. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 12:34
    He is playing well + his opponents playing not so well = great score
    If his opponents didnt play so well, it doesnt means that they have played "poorly".
  4. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 21:19
    Carlsen played draw with Topalov. Equalised in opening (playing with black) and get good position.
  5. Standard memberStewartChess
    somethin clever here
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 21:23
    Originally posted by Korch
    Carlsen played draw with Topalov. Equalised in opening (playing with black) and get good position.
    yep, just went and checked out the game. he's top notch. i thought he was just havin a good run in the first half but he's proving himself.
  6. The sky
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 16:42
    The last round is now in progress. Unfortunately it doesn't look good for Magnus...
  7. Joined
    14 Feb '07
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 16:49
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    The last round is now in progress. Unfortunately it doesn't look good for Magnus...
    Why's that?

He drew. Hes still in a good position.

He IS the youngest player and he was 24th in the world, this tournament is changing all that. Have you seen how his rating has increeased over the past years? I think he will definatly be a world champion one day. He doesn't have to win this tournament to impress me.

Carlsen all the way.
  8. The sky
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 16:571 edit
    Originally posted by Ian Coetzee
    Why's that?

He drew. Hes still in a good position.

He IS the youngest player and he was 24th in the world, this tournament is changing all that. Have you seen how his rating has increeased over the past years? I think he will definatly be a world champion one day. He doesn't have to win this tournament to impress me.

Carlsen all the way.
    I was just talking about the current game. The tournament will have been a great success for him even if he loses this game. But in this game he'd have to be very lucky to get a draw, never mind win.

Edit: It looks like Morozevich is going to win against Svidler, in which case Carlsen would be in shared second place even if he loses.
  9. Joined
    18 Feb '07
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 17:171 edit
    Leko and Morozevich look likely to win. That would mean Anand gets clear first, Topalov gets clear last, and Carlsen plus Morozevich tie for 2nd place. Not sure who would get second on tie breaks. Anand secures himself as #1 player?

EDIT: Actually Topalov and Leko share last with 6 points if Leko manages to win.
  10. back in business
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 17:22
    yeah. Leko is simply crushing Carlsen. poor kid.
  11. The sky
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 17:28
    🙄
  12. back in business
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 17:51
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    🙄
    is there something you would like to say, but you are not allowed?
  13. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 17:561 edit
    From the opening Leko got large advantage, but now (after 26th black move) according to Rybka, Carlsens position isnt so bad - only 0,50-0,60. (To compare: after 21.Ne4, Rybka evaluated this position as 0,90 - 1,00.) So Carlsen have chances to draw.
  14. The sky
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 18:00
    is there something you would like to say, but you are not allowed?
    No, I am just amused about your predictability. And as Korch says, it doesn't look that bad for Magnus now.
  15. Joined
    18 Feb '07
    Moves
    10 Mar '07 18:01
    Carlsen is defending very well, but Leko doesn't give up his advantage. Good fight.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree