Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. Standard member StewartChess
    somethin clever here
    26 Feb '07 18:46
    What's your thoughts on Carlsen and his playing in Linares? Do you think he can keep going at this rate?
  2. 26 Feb '07 18:57
    ten-to-one he loses the first game there.
  3. 26 Feb '07 19:31
    Originally posted by StewartChess
    What's your thoughts on Carlsen and his playing in Linares? Do you think he can keep going at this rate?
    I don't know a whole lot about chess tournaments - I know from the news that as of Friday, round 5 was over and Carlsen was first - how many rounds are there?
  4. 26 Feb '07 19:33
    Originally posted by bealescreamer
    I don't know a whole lot about chess tournaments - I know from the news that as of Friday, round 5 was over and Carlsen was first - how many rounds are there?
    It's a double round robin with 8 people. The first seven rounds are complete (they have played each other once) and Carlsen and Anand are tied for first.
  5. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    26 Feb '07 20:37
    Originally posted by Jusuh
    ten-to-one he loses the first game there.
    You're on!
  6. 02 Mar '07 22:38
    Originally posted by Jusuh
    ten-to-one he loses the first game there.
    Bad luck. He didn't manage to win, but the game was drawn, just like all other games in this round. So he's still in the lead together with Anand.

    http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=3703
  7. 06 Mar '07 16:21
    Carlsen - Ivanchuk 1-0! He sure didn't let the loss against Anand discourage him!
  8. 06 Mar '07 17:19
    Ivantsuk blew it way too easily. Poor game. It was like them playing 5min blitz.
  9. Standard member Korch
    Chess Warrior
    06 Mar '07 17:26
    Originally posted by Jusuh
    Ivantsuk blew it way too easily. Poor game. It was like them playing 5min blitz.
    That`s I would call real arrogance + ignorance.
  10. 06 Mar '07 17:28
    Originally posted by Korch
    That`s I would call real arrogance + ignorance.
    Thank You.

    But are you saying Ivantsuk played well?
  11. Standard member Korch
    Chess Warrior
    06 Mar '07 17:34
    Originally posted by Jusuh
    Thank You.

    But are you saying Ivantsuk played well?
    He played not too well, but he would not lose if Carlsen wasnt able to exploit it. and Carlsens play in this game was high class. Also Greenfeld is very risky opening for black. Even Svidler (one of the top experts of this opening) have had horrible defeats in it. Again I must remind his defeat against Navarra.
  12. 06 Mar '07 17:37
    Originally posted by Korch
    He played not too well, but he would not lose if Carlsen wasnt able to exploit it. and Carlsens play in this game was high class. Also Greenfeld is very risky opening for black. Even Svidler (one of the top experts of this opening) have had horrible defeats in it. Again I must remind his defeat against Navarra.
    cmon. are you serious here? I think they both played well until black blundered, kind of giving Carlsen a free point.

    Svidler and his little buddies have nothing to do with this.
  13. Standard member Korch
    Chess Warrior
    06 Mar '07 17:50
    Originally posted by Jusuh
    cmon. are you serious here? I think they both played well until black blundered, kind of giving Carlsen a free point.

    Svidler and his little buddies have nothing to do with this.
    Both played well until black blundered?????? Where was the blunder???

    Whith such statements you are showing only your prejudices against Carlsen.

    And "Svidler and his little buddies" are understanding chess much more than you. Also I would say it about engine (which I use to analyse their game) and GMs which making online comments.
  14. 06 Mar '07 18:03
    Originally posted by Korch
    Both played well until black blundered?????? Where was the blunder???

    Whith such statements you are showing only your prejudices against Carlsen.

    And "Svidler and his little buddies" are understanding chess much more than you. Also I would say it about engine (which I use to analyse their game) and GMs which making online comments.
    only after 24 moves white already had completely won position. so there must be some blunders, or at least series of inaccuraties from the black.

    How does my chess understanding have anything to do with this? Black played poorly and thats that.
  15. Standard member Korch
    Chess Warrior
    06 Mar '07 18:11
    Originally posted by Jusuh
    only after 24 moves white already had completely won position. so there must be some blunders, or at least series of inaccuraties from the black.

    How does my chess understanding have anything to do with this? Black played poorly and thats that.
    Ivanchuk choose risky (I would say dubious) line in risky opening where one inaccuracy can be decisive if your opponent plays well.

    In this game it was 20...Qc7 (20...Qd7 was better).

    If you understood chess better then your judgements would not be so absurd.