1. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 May '11 18:461 edit
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    After that "show", I don't think either of them deserves to.

It's not as if they were in need of a day off, after all.

Richard
    wut? did you see Boris, he was sweating buckets afterwards and Sasha was clearly
    also physically , emotionally and mentally wasted. You try concentrating for the length
    of period those players did and then we can talk about needing a day off, an
    outrageous statement!
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 May '11 18:53
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    You people are hung up on white and black, Sasha played better over the two previous games than Gelfand, infact, Gelfand was lucky to survive them, for in both instances, Sasha had advantages but was unable to press it home.
    This is true. In fact, Grishuk should have won game 2. What I don't understand - which may be due to more reasons than one 😛 - is why he didn't push that pawn (in particular, to a2) earlier. Right now, I'm slightly more impressed with Grishuk, but not a lot.

Richard
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 May '11 19:24
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    This is true. In fact, Grishuk should have won game 2. What I don't understand - which may be due to more reasons than one 😛 - is why he didn't push that pawn (in particular, to a2) earlier. Right now, I'm slightly more impressed with Grishuk, but not a lot.

Richard
    he went for a mating attack instead, with rook and knight if my memory serves me correctly, but Gelfands defence was wizardry!
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 May '11 11:12
    http://video.russiachess.org/view/327
  5. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 May '11 11:42
    wut? did you see Boris, he was sweating buckets afterwards and Sasha was clearly also physically , emotionally and mentally wasted. You try concentrating for the length of period those players did and then we can talk about needing a day off, an outrageous statement!
    Maybe, but the day after that easy draw already was an official day off. And now they've taken another the day after that. Why not throw in a bank holiday as well?
    Ooh, idea: today's Sts. Cyrill and Methodius' feast day! The competition is in Kazan, which is in Russia, so the Eastern Orthodox calendar and feasts should be observed. And few saints are more important to the Eastern churches than C&M. So can we have hard chess labour on their feast day? Surely not. Postpone the game, we'll play it on Friday!

Richard
  6. Jerusalem
    Moves
    24 May '11 17:05
    Another draw, this one was interesting closed game. Grischuk's team prepared novelty 9.Be2
    Grischuk had advantage, but blundered 22...e5! and 23...e:f4
    The last classic game will be played 2morrow.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 May '11 17:12
    Originally posted by elady
    Another draw, this one was interesting closed game. Grischuk's team prepared novelty 9.Be2
    Grischuk had advantage, but blundered 22...e5! and 23...e:f4
    The last classic game will be played 2morrow.
    you must be sweatin it 😛
  8. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    24 May '11 17:20
    you must be sweatin it 😛
    I have to admit the games are getting pretty damn tedious... I feel bad for the commentators who struggle to find SOMETHING to discuss in the games. normally there's other games to discuss at least. but there's zip. nothing going on, except two guys carefully preventing anything from actually happening.
  9. Jerusalem
    Moves
    24 May '11 17:271 edit
    you must be sweatin it 😛
    Just one win with white pieces, c'mon Gelfand!! 🙄 🙄
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 May '11 17:28
    Originally posted by wormwood
    I have to admit the games are getting pretty damn tedious... I feel bad for the commentators who struggle to find SOMETHING to discuss in the games. normally there's other games to discuss at least. but there's zip. nothing going on, except two guys carefully preventing anything from actually happening.
    i know, they are unbelievably tedious. What can we do?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 May '11 17:29
    Originally posted by elady
    Just one win with black pieces, c'mon Gelfand!!
    after Sasha has failed three times to get a victory from advantageous position, i may be joining you!
  12. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    24 May '11 18:20
    i know, they are unbelievably tedious. What can we do?
    black magic, virgin sacrifices, something like that. it takes a lot to counter the monstrous evil of two drawish players churning out a draw after draw after draw... it might never end, maybe they'll just keep on drawing even after the official games end? be afraid, be very afraid!
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    24 May '11 18:32
    Originally posted by wormwood
    black magic, virgin sacrifices, something like that. it takes a lot to counter the monstrous evil of two drawish players churning out a draw after draw after draw... it might never end, maybe they'll just keep on drawing even after the official games end? be afraid, be very afraid!
    You consider Gelfand saccing a piece at move 15 in Game 2 something "tedious"? I thought that was a great game personally.
  14. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    24 May '11 18:54
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    You consider Gelfand saccing a piece at move 15 in Game 2 something "tedious"? I thought that was a great game personally.
    I missed that game. heard about it, but forgot.
  15. Joined
    04 Apr '11
    Moves
    24 May '11 20:03
    gelfand just out-gangstered kamsky in the fourth game to come back. looks like kamsky was too shook up, too bad i was really hoping he would make it to the finals/win the finals to challenge anand in 2012. looks like we'll have to see in a few years if kamsky has what it takes (although i think nakamura will be taking over the US torch then)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree