Chess computer players

Chess computer players

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
09 May 07

Do you reckon you can tell when your opponent is using a computer package to aid his game? I am not sure. But I am left wondering why people who do that bother to log on to a site like this. God knows, I am getting fed up with getting stuffed but I couldn`t derive any satisafaction from beating someone by using a computer. What`s the point?

b
Best Loser

Traxler is Sound!

Moves
09 May 07

Originally posted by Millwall Bill
Do you reckon you can tell when your opponent is using a computer package to aid his game? I am not sure. But I am left wondering why people who do that bother to log on to a site like this. God knows, I am getting fed up with getting stuffed but I couldn`t derive any satisafaction from beating someone by using a computer. What`s the point?
Not much point in trying to get into the heads of the crazy psychos who feel that their self esteem can be built through cheating. We'll never understand it.

M
sorozatgyilkos

leölés ellenfeleim

Moves
09 May 07

I agree totally with ih8sens (who battled bravely and honestly against me a little over a week ago!)

I can't always tell during a game (though I entertain grave suspicions from time to time!) Sometimes, though, I get a friend of mine to replay my moves against a computer. More than once she has come up with a >80% match with my opponent's moves. Two of these creatures have been banned in the last 6 months, presumably because somebody else grassed them up to the game mods. I'll never 'tell' on anyone, though, as I think that being a cheat is its own reward, and very, very sad. I'd much prefer to play a good game, lose it, and learn something, rather than get my name on the first pages of the leader-board here.

STS

Moves
09 May 07

You've only played 7 games, have a provisional rating in the 1000's, so you must have been "stuffed" on every game by a prog if you're any good.

F
Love thy bobblehead

Moves
10 May 07

Originally posted by Mathurine
I'll never 'tell' on anyone, though, as I think that being a cheat is its own reward, and very, very sad. I'd much prefer to play a good game, lose it, and [b]learn something, rather than get my name on the first pages of the leader-board here.[/b]
Please don't take this as a criticism, but don't you think it's only fair to the other members of RHP (those playing legitimately), to report something so suspicious (the >80% matches, I mean) to the mods?

M
sorozatgyilkos

leölés ellenfeleim

Moves
10 May 07

Originally posted by Fleabitten
Please don't take this as a criticism, but don't you think it's only fair to the other members of RHP (those playing legitimately), to report something so suspicious (the >80% matches, I mean) to the mods?
Point taken. I will do that in future. These people get found out sooner or later, anyway.

G
Whale watching

33°36'S 26°53'E

Moves
10 May 07

Originally posted by Mathurine
Point taken. I will do that in future. These people get found out sooner or later, anyway.
But better sooner rather than later. 😉

Moves
10 May 07
1 edit

your results could reflect your true chess abilities. you should note that there are many here who have played and studied chess for decades and know much more chess than you realize.

Moves
10 May 07

I have no evidence that I have ever played against anyone using outside help. In fact I don`t think I have. But it is an issue that has surfaced on other threads and puzzles me as to how people get suspicious in the first place. I am perfectly happy to accept that results reflect ability in my case.

s

Moves
10 May 07

I have no evidence that I have ever played against anyone using outside help. In fact I don`t think I have. But it is an issue that has surfaced on other threads and puzzles me as to how people get suspicious in the first place. I am perfectly happy to accept that results reflect ability in my case.
Well, as another crap chess player (no offense intended btw, it's taken me about nine months to even level out at my current rating) I can say that if anyone using an engine needs to play someone anywhere near our level to win, their engine is useless. I can download free engines all day long that will whoop me and everyone I play against. It's probably the only benefit of being crap at chess on a chess site - you don't have to worry about cheats.

Moves
10 May 07

Originally posted by st00p1dfac3
Well, as another crap chess player (no offense intended btw, it's taken me about nine months to even level out at my current rating) I can say that if anyone using an engine needs to play someone anywhere near our level to win, their engine is useless. I can download free engines all day long that will whoop me and everyone I play against. It's probabl ...[text shortened]... e only benefit of being crap at chess on a chess site - you don't have to worry about cheats.
I`ll drink to that.