1. Joined
    04 May '06
    Moves
    01 Oct '09 15:27
    Originally posted by Kristaps
    Once chess has gotten its hooks into you, it's pretty hard to get rid of it. There are many kinds of treatment (e.g. extensive search for another hobby) but they don't always work.
    i agree it does really get you hooked on it like an addiction
  2. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    01 Oct '09 16:15
    I initiated this thread with the highest expectations, hoping for a wide range of explanations what people think of what Chess is, why they play it, what makes it so wonderful.....

But instead I got a sad bunch of cliche and moreover untrue replies - chess is intellectually challenging, chess is art, chess is a game of war... Bleghghgh. Can anybody help us out of this stalemate situation?
  3. Standard memberCimon
    Strategos
    Ancient Greece
    Moves
    01 Oct '09 16:21
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    I initiated this thread with the highest expectations, hoping for a wide range of explanations what people think of what Chess is, why they play it, what makes it so wonderful.....

But instead I got a sad bunch of cliche and moreover untrue replies - chess is intellectually challenging, chess is art, chess is a game of war... Bleghghgh. Can anybody help us out of this stalemate situation?
    I prefer to solve more pragmatic chess tasks, instead of wasting my time to search for exact definitions.
  4. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    01 Oct '09 16:22
    Originally posted by Cimon
    I prefer to solve more pragmatic chess tasks, instead of wasting my time to search for exact definitions.
    Rec'd 😀
  5. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    01 Oct '09 16:231 edit
    Yes, I too prefer thinking about chess matters over communicating. Isn't that sad?
  6. Standard memberorion25
    Art is hard
    Moves
    01 Oct '09 19:49
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    Advanced reasoning ... there is this thing called time, so let's waste it. There is this thing called chess, so let's play it.
    yes, that's it exactly. There is time and there is chess. So why don't we use both? There is no need for a reason
  7. Standard memberorion25
    Art is hard
    Moves
    01 Oct '09 19:50
    Originally posted by isa04
    i wanna to play chess to you
    sory, I'm currently trying to reduce my gameload
  8. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    01 Oct '09 20:27
    Originally posted by isa04
    i wanna to play chess to you
    i play chess to you long time 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree