1. Happy village
    Moves
    11 Nov '07 13:011 edit
    Is it different than 10th or just more CPU demanding? Yes, yes, I know, google is my friend but since I didn't find anything, do you know if demo version and on what adress? Thanks
  2. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    11 Nov '07 13:46
    Originally posted by wakchessdragon
    Is it different than 10th or just more CPU demanding? Yes, yes, I know, google is my friend but since I didn't find anything, do you know if demo version and on what adress? Thanks
    It's basically an improved version over 10. The engine now multi-threaded for those with dual or quad core cpu's. The graphics are nicer, and there are some more tutorials added.
  3. Joined
    23 Sep '07
    Moves
    11 Nov '07 22:29
    the graphics aren't nicer they're actually the same.. In fact WORSE, as the AA seems disabled somehow and there's no option to turn it on.. so now you have the same thing with jaggies. There's more 3D and 2D boards though.

There's a whole new tutorial section with Josh Waitzkin that I found really helpful and informative.

The game also auto updates/patches upon every start.

The natural-language type advice handed out by the Chessmaster seems to be exactly the same though.
  4. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    11 Nov '07 22:32
    Originally posted by pijun
    the graphics aren't nicer they're actually the same.. In fact WORSE, as the AA seems disabled somehow and there's no option to turn it on.. so now you have the same thing with jaggies. There's more 3D and 2D boards though.

There's a whole new tutorial section with Josh Waitzkin that I found really helpful and informative.

The game also auto updates/patc ...[text shortened]... ral-language type advice handed out by the Chessmaster seems to be exactly the same though.
    Is Josh Waitzkin a GM yet?
  5. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Nov '07 23:03
    no and he never will be.

He'd rather be dancing around like a fairy doing martial arts...

I'd like to see this waitzkin "expert" martial artist against some UFC fighters..

it's been proven time and again. UFC and PRIDE fighters destroy martial arts guys every fight.

The sight of waitzkin makes me vomit.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Nov '07 23:07
    Originally posted by chessisvanity
    no and he never will be.

I'd like to see this waitzkin "expert" martial artist against some UFC fighters..

it's been proven time and again. UFC and PRIDE fighters destroy martial arts guys every fight.

A bit harsh, don't you think?
  7. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    11 Nov '07 23:09
    no and he never will be.

And you'll be a GM when, exactly? 😉
  8. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Nov '07 23:09
    in about 3 months.
  9. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    11 Nov '07 23:11
    in about 3 months.
    OK, I marked it on my calendar. You got your FIDE dues ready?
  10. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Nov '07 23:121 edit
    waitzkin is preaching this "harmonious whole" crap.....

what that loser doesn't understand is this.....we want chess.

we don't want gay ass martial arts(i'm a boxer and powerlifter and i always make fun of martial arts guys and none have said anything back.)

we don't want harmony and peace and to be "one" with the universe crap.

all i can say is that movie about him was a waste.....it should have been done on a kid who might actually win the championship.
  11. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Nov '07 23:13
    FIDE can take there dues outa my prize money.
  12. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    11 Nov '07 23:16

we don't want gay ass martial arts(i'm a boxer and powerlifter and i always make fun of martial arts guys and none have said anything back.)

all i can s ...[text shortened]... s a waste.....it should have been done on a kid who might actually win the championship.
    I'm a boxer plus I know jujitzu.
  13. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    11 Nov '07 23:17

all i can s ...[text shortened]... s a waste.....it should have been done on a kid who might actually win the championship.
    Well, I certainly can't accuse you of holding back on your opinions, lol. I'm not really a fan of Waitzkin, but he doesn't make me want to vomit, either. 😵
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Nov '07 01:061 edit
    no and he never will be.

waitzkin could squash you at chess and kick your butt like you were a small child, most likely he's a lot more polite and far less presumptuous than you. Maybe the sight of you would make him want to vomit.
  15. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Nov '07 01:101 edit
    no and he never will be.

Just reading your thoughts makes me want to vomit. I can only imagine the reaction seeing you might provoke.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree