Moves
    22 Feb '06 23:181 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Berks.
    Moves
    22 Feb '06 23:56
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Hey - nothing I can do about it, but if that's the only way you can beat someone, well...just think if you don't want to honor someone's vacation flag when you're getting your backside handed to you, then you're not much of a competitor.
    Play with longer time controls if you don't want to get timed out. You talk about honor (sic) being part of the game in the OP, but then as far as games go shouldn't that also mean sticking to the agreed time controls? Especially as has been mentioned in a clan challenge, not a open invite or challenge.
  4. Joined
    05 Feb '06
    Moves
    23 Feb '06 00:10
    Hey - nothing I can do about it, but if that's the only way you can beat someone, well...just think if you don't want to honor someone's vacation flag when you're getting your backside handed to you, then you're not much of a competitor.
    Sasquatch you have my sympathy, your reply was mean. I win most all my games legitimately.
    But a win on time is a win, no matter how ya slice it.
  5. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '06 00:251 edit

6. Joined
    20 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '06 00:57
    Timeout = OTB flag drops.

I don't think I've EVER seen anyone fail to claim a win on time after the flag drops.

Why is RHP any different?
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    23 Feb '06 01:011 edit
    Originally posted by Drumbo
    If it had been me, I'd of done the same thing,though, there is nothing sweeter than clicking on the skull when you're a move away from mate, or when the other guy hasn't even moved.
    Timeouts are the way to go, eh dodger?
    "OK, here's what I do, and it's worked MANY times: Pick a new game at 1 day per move, zero time bank. Then watch what time of day your opponent moves, and jump in right after he logs off and move instantly. THEN, grasshopper, check onto the site just when the 24 hour time is up, and declare a win if the dumb sap misses it by a few minutes. I have won many a game against higher rated players in this way, most of them were dead losses for me. I'm quite the sportsman. You can be too!!! "

Better give sacksquash some lessons.

D
  8. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    23 Feb '06 01:50
    I went away for a week and a half earlier this month. I organized myself so I would have enough timebank to cover myself. I'm paying for it now though as my 3/7 games are down to a day or so timebank.

I've yet to be timed out in a game, with organization it's possible to avoid it. Now if someone I'm playing doesn't move in time I'll time them out. If they haven't got their flag up and a return date I won't even think about it. If they have I'll consider not taking it.

Take responsibility for yourself you giant baby.
  9. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '06 02:14
    A lot of you here take a very crude position; the flag fell, you lose. But rememember, his vacation flag was on and he had a devastating position. This is supposed to be a friendly game, there is no money on the line, there is no real pressure, thus I think there is no reason to be a bad sportsman. And in my opinion, his opponent was not a good sportsman. If I were in the same position as sasquatch672, I would be pissed off too. Naturally, it is his win, but it is not a meaningful win by any standard of chess skill. He took advantage of a guy on vacation. I think that's pathetic and shows poor sportsmanship.
  10. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    23 Feb '06 05:25
    Originally posted by exigentsky
    A lot of you here take a very crude position; the flag fell, you lose. But rememember, his vacation flag was on and he had a devastating position. This is supposed to be a friendly game, there is no money on the line, there is no real pressure, thus I think there is no reason to be a bad sportsman. And in my opinion, his opponent was not a good sportsman. ...[text shortened]... . He took advantage of a guy on vacation. I think that's pathetic and shows poor sportsmanship.
    The games posted were no friendlies but clan challenge games. Also is it good sportsmanship to commit to play a game under given time controls but then not do so?
  11. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    23 Feb '06 05:53
    Ah, memories of Santa Drummer!

I recall him mentioning he stayed up till 3 or 4 in the morning just to time someone out! His opponent wasn't even higher rated then him but I guess he wanted the 3-4 points you get for beating someone 300 points below you.

Hahah, memories.
  12. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '06 07:18

13. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    23 Feb '06 07:30
    Originally posted by exigentsky
    A lot of you here take a very crude position; the flag fell, you lose. But rememember, his vacation flag was on and he had a devastating position. This is supposed to be a friendly game, there is no money on the line, there is no real pressure, thus I think there is no reason to be a bad sportsman. And in my opinion, his opponent was not a good sportsman. ...[text shortened]... . He took advantage of a guy on vacation. I think that's pathetic and shows poor sportsmanship.
    Excuses, excuses...

And since when does 1200 v. 900 get decided by any meaningful standard of chess skill??
  14. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    23 Feb '06 08:13
    Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
    Memories? Are you the only one not to notice that he's still here?
    Hahah, are you saying after all we been through, he has returned?

There's is one person who i think it could be, but i'm not sure from his forum posting and his rating.

Drummer is very similar to Drum____. Am I right?
  15. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    23 Feb '06 10:58
    Originally posted by RahimK
    Drummer is very similar to Drum____. Am I right?
    No.

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree