1. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    19 Apr '06 19:11
    Originally posted by rodrigonovaes
    I usually use the Open Invites, instead of randomly challenging anyone. But sometimes I do that. I never said 'hi' first or anything, but my games never got deleted. People never said hi to me either. Maybe because they think I don't speak English.

Anyway, I'll keep that in mind the next time I challenge someone.
    Yeah, I always post on open invite if I want extra games. I consider the pm a courtesy similar to shaking hands OTB.
  2. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    19 Apr '06 19:26
    Originally posted by zebano
    Random challenges are typically unwanted games (tournaments + clans = lots of games). Thus, if there is no PM or something interesting in the game title, I click the trash can.
    Agreed. Though I do know one person who said that he couldn't see any of the messages I sent during a game. This was a person I introduced to the site, so I was able to find this out from him. He uses AOL like a putz, so I wonder if that was the reason.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 Apr '06 19:43
    Originally posted by rodrigonovaes
    Anyway, I'll keep that in mind the next time I challenge someone.
    Me to.

To all of you that I have challanged without a word and you have recected the game - I'm so sorry and I deepley and sincerely apologize, I'll never do that again.
  4. Standard membercadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    Moves
    19 Apr '06 20:50
    I will normally always accept any challenges, I have my maximum games set to limit my games total, however when I challenge players I always pm first, it's just polite and if they don't want to play you you'll soon find out...by message rather than a game deletion.
  5. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    20 Apr '06 02:29
    Recently i've been getting challenges out of the blue by provisional players and but others for some reason without a message or anything. I just delete.

But if it's someone I know, I send them a Pm explaining the situation.
    I Pm and then send a challenge or use the open invite.

And yes, it bugs me when people don't say hi or anything during the game and just play chess. I like chatting and playing, learn new things about different people.
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '06 03:05
    Most people come here to play chess - not chat -it's completely irrelevant whether they say anything or not, in my opinion. I usually reply if someone does but I ain't bothered if they say nothing.

What's the point of having a challenge system if you have to message someone first - may as well do away with challenges altogether in that case.

With unsolicited challenges, if the timeout/bank is set how I prefer it I would play on - don't get many of them though as a non sub scumbag; all slots are usually full.
  7. Joined
    21 Sep '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '06 03:35
    I'm not terribly chatty in real life (I don't think), but I can sure "talk" up a storm during a chess game here at RHP. For me, it's half the fun. I am always surprised at how disinclined most of my opponents are to engage in conversation. I know we're here to play chess, so I let it ride. But I find a game of chess is a lot more fun with a person, and people usually talk, don't they?
  8. Standard memberdweezil
    Canuck savant
    Moves
    22 Apr '06 01:06
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

What's the point of having a challenge system if you have to message someone first - may as well do away with challenges altogether in that case.
    Like Zebano said, "I consider the pm a courtesy similar to shaking hands OTB".

Its simply good manners, you dolt!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree