1. Joined
    06 Apr '08
    Moves
    10 Feb '10 23:431 edit
    I've just been looking at my history and my two longest games are with the people I know, indeed friends. Why?
    If I just knew them by sight - would that affect my play?
    If I dont' know the person I don't try any less - or do I?

I'd be interested if anyone has the same results?
    Or has anyone met someone they'd been playing for ages before meeting them?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm?
  2. Joined
    06 Feb '10
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 00:23
    All games are the same for me except when I play against attractive women.

I lose those games.
  3. Joined
    29 Aug '09
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 01:51
    In blitz chess in coffee shops I play a bit differently against some players.
    Like if I know my opponent ignores my moves or fears my moves I can do sacrifices which they should accept {take and chuckle} but they don`t bother to even look at my moves or they assume I have a good reason for sacrificing.
    This allows me to accomplish seemingly impossible things since the opponent doesnt accept my sacrifices I can simply put a piece en prise and my opponent won`t take it which allows my piece to miraculously get to a square it wouldnt normally be able to reach.
  4. Joined
    16 Oct '09
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 02:29
    I play differently if I know which openings he's used to and stuff.
  5. Standard memberExuma
    Anansi
    Woodshed
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 08:46
    Absolutely. There are positions we have played through, analysis we have talked about, there is a history. I know people say play the board not the person, but its a lot of fun playing the person sometimes 🙂
  6. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 12:43
    How can you not? Especially if it's someone you have analyzed games with before.
  7. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 16:59
    Absolutely. For instance, against my dad I'll play Caro-Kahn or the French with black, and queen's pawn with white. I play these openings almost exclusively against him.
  8. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 20:31
    There is a definite psychological element in any chess game. Of course, if you know the person or even if you have watched them play a great deal you would know what phych-outs will help rescue you from a lost position.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree