This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    22 Oct '06 20:37
    Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
    I wouldn't like to say as I don't haev proof but the top players on this site are FIDE Master at best, I've never heard of an IM playing here, let alone a GM.
    we can't really know, there is no way for him (or anybody else) to convince us, and we've all had this discussion too many times, so why not just drop it...
  3. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '06 20:42

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    22 Oct '06 20:501 edit
    ICC has a system where Masters can confirm that they are legit, then they get IM, GM WGM or whatever by their user name, it would be good if RHP could do the same, but as few players could take advantage of it here, it probably wouldn't be worth the hassle.
    I think it would be good idea, just to stop the speculation. especially if titled players would get free accounts, to encourage them to play here. even with a handful of them, the community would benefit a lot.
  5. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    22 Oct '06 20:51
    ICC has a system where Masters can confirm that they are legit, then they get IM, GM WGM or whatever by their user name, it would be good if RHP could do the same, but as few players could take advantage of it here, it probably wouldn't be worth the hassle.
    Playchess has a simlar system.
  6. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    22 Oct '06 20:54
    Originally posted by mazziewag
    Regarding RECUVIC, i believe him. his profile doesnt say computers think sometimes better, he says "computers think faster-not better" or something, and he has lost games here shwing he isnt cheating and he is planning to strat playing higher rated players, but really, what top player on the site would want to play a GM who is still only rated 2100ish, kno ...[text shortened]... ot sure which) so being a GM is quite possible for many of them. so is it that unlikely he is?
    Which players on this site are going to be rated 2500 FIDE??? I doubt theres even one above 2300.
  7. Joined
    30 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '06 22:34
    Originally posted by Bedlam
    Which players on this site are going to be rated 2500 FIDE??? I doubt theres even one above 2300.
    I don't know about that. Tebb's RHP rating is fewer than 100 points above his otb (they were fairly equal only a little while ago, and because he plays so many games it would be expected that it would fluctuate) and he has recently come out and said he doesn't understand why people should think correspondence chess ratings are far removed from their otb. Given that he is not even the top player on this site, and those above him have proved legit (so far), I think we can be pretty sure there are a couple players rated over 2300, and maybe even one or two IMs. I've also heard somewhere that Weyerstrass is really Ronald Weyerstrass, a correspondence chess IM, and while I don't know how anyone can prove that his performance so far would indicate it.
  8. Joined
    30 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '06 22:36
    Originally posted by wormwood
    I think it would be good idea, just to stop the speculation. especially if titled players would get free accounts, to encourage them to play here. even with a handful of them, the community would benefit a lot.
    That's a fantastic idea. Has anyone brought it up to the site admins?
  9. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    22 Oct '06 22:53
    Originally posted by Ramiri15
    I don't know about that. Tebb's RHP rating is fewer than 100 points above his otb (they were fairly equal only a little while ago, and because he plays so many games it would be expected that it would fluctuate) and he has recently come out and said he doesn't understand why people should think correspondence chess ratings are far removed from their otb. ...[text shortened]... and while I don't know how anyone can prove that his performance so far would indicate it.
    I also dont think peoples corry ratings will be far away from their OTB rating. I still dont believe either of the two top players have an OTB rating over 2300.

Im also skeptical that a correspondence IM would play on a site like RHP. That would be like a normal IM using say playchess for slow games.....it doesnt really happen.......of course I could be wrong 🙂
  10. Joined
    30 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Oct '06 00:06
    I also dont think peoples corry ratings will be far away from their OTB rating. I still dont believe either of the two top players have an OTB rating over 2300.

Im also skeptical that a correspondence IM would play on a site like RHP. That would be like a normal IM using say playchess for slow games.....it doesnt really happen.......of course I could be wrong 🙂
    Why not? Is there something about their games that would suggest that? The only argument I can see is that both Weyerystrass and Seadevil have lower gameknot ratings (assuming they're the same users on both sites) but both have only played about half as many games on that site as on RHP. I honestly don't understand.
  11. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    23 Oct '06 00:101 edit
    Originally posted by Ramiri15
    Why not? Is there something about their games that would suggest that? The only argument I can see is that both Weyerystrass and Seadevil have lower gameknot ratings (assuming they're the same users on both sites) but both have only played about half as many games on that site as on RHP. I honestly don't understand.
    Why not......because Wales has no 2500 players, it doesnt even have any 2400 players. We could argue back and forth or you could message them and ask their otb ratings? 🙂

Besides why write in a profile that you are a GM without stating which GM how often do you see that?
  12. Joined
    30 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Oct '06 00:192 edits
    Why not......because Wales has no 2500 players, it doesnt even have any 2400 players. That pretty much proves the point conclusively 🙂

Besides why write in a profile that you are a GM without stating which GM how often do you see that?
    🙂 I don't see many GMs. I also don't believe for an instant RECUVIC is a GM based on his poor grammar and mainly on the fact that I drew him. I also don't believe there are any GMs on this site (they'd be head and shoulders above everybody) but 2300 doesn't seem so farfetched. I mean Tebb isn't too far from 2300 otb, so why not someone 150 points above him? Plus isn't 2400 the cut-off for IM?
  13. Joined
    30 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Oct '06 00:24
    Why not......because Wales has no 2500 players, it doesnt even have any 2400 players. We could argue back and forth or you could message them and ask their otb ratings? 🙂

Heh, you edited it as I was posting my response. I will ask them.
  14. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    23 Oct '06 00:451 edit

All the time on Playchess. Almost all the King rank players (indicating a GM that has been confirmed by Playchess) do not disclose which GM they are.
  15. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    23 Oct '06 00:48
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    All the time on Playchess. Almost all the King rank players (indicating a GM that has been confirmed by Playchess) do not disclose which GM they are.
    Out of curiousty, who's in your avatar? He looks like Cameron from Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree