Early drawn game. Fair to competition?

Early drawn game. Fair to competition?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c
Grammar Nazi

Auschwitz

Moves
20 Mar 10

As far as I know, there have been two instances of this occuring on red hot pawn. Is it really worth the time of the "refrees"?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Mar 10

Originally posted by clandarkfire
As far as I know, there have been [b]two instances of this occuring on red hot pawn. Is it really worth the time of the "refrees"?[/b]
You don't know much; it's a recurring and chronic problem.

BTW, I don't agree with the ref idea either.

R

The Smoke

Moves
20 Mar 10

As far as I know, there have been [b]two instances of this occuring on red hot pawn. Is it really worth the time of the "refrees"?[/b]
there's been way more!

c
Grammar Nazi

Auschwitz

Moves
20 Mar 10

Could you give me some examples?

a

Moves
20 Mar 10

Originally posted by no1marauder
Gotta love the "do nothing" attitude of some people here.
Because some people here are content with the system.

R

The Smoke

Moves
20 Mar 10

Originally posted by Swiss Toni
If you want to have a final round of a duel with the top two rated players, please stick to [b]Original paired tournaments.

Please do not try & turn a Random tournament into an Original.[/b]
thanks for clarifying this! had never paid particular attention to this bit, somehow thought that all pairing was 'random'...

R

The Smoke

Moves
20 Mar 10
1 edit

Could you give me some examples?
please, search for another thread where this issue was discussed... can PM you if you really want but would then have to search for them myself (first in the threads etc) I dont collect/bookmark those games + don't want to spark another wave of debates over those games.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Mar 10

Originally posted by amolv06
Because some people here are content with the system.
Sure, some people condone unethical behavior. That doesn't mean it should become the standard here.

a

Moves
20 Mar 10
3 edits

It is the standard here. Or at least its not against the rules.

And whether or not its unethical is largely subjective. Pre-determining the course of a game, I agree, is unethical. Agreeing to a short draw in game is not, to me.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Mar 10

It is the standard here. Or at least its not against the rules.

And whether or not its unethical is largely subjective. Pre-determining the course of a game, I agree, is unethical. Agreeing to a short draw in game is not, to me.
It's "subjective" to people who are unfamiliar with the standards of chess. The specific FIDE and USCF rules have been cited; just because your standards are in conflict with the standards of the proper governing boards of chess doesn't mean your uninformed opinion is as valid as their rules.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
20 Mar 10

This happened in a Duel tournament, genius.
Your Opponent Av. Rating is solely 2060RHP😵

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
20 Mar 10

I say leave the current system in place. As of yet there have been so few problems with this that it simply isn't worth it.
Sure thing😵

a

Moves
20 Mar 10
1 edit

It's "subjective" to people who are unfamiliar with the standards of chess. The specific FIDE and USCF rules have been cited; just because your standards are in conflict with the standards of the proper governing boards of chess doesn't mean your uninformed opinion is as valid as their rules.
The proper "governing board" of chess on this site is the rhp rules, which remains eerily quiet about this issue. And the fide rules are at best ambiguous in regard to short draws.

R

The Smoke

Moves
20 Mar 10
3 edits

The proper "governing board" of chess on this site is the rhp rules, which remains eerily quiet about this issue. And the fide rules are at best ambiguous in regard to short draws.
well, you're right of course but the thing is the only RHP chess rule is this:

(b) While a game is in progress you may not refer to chess engines, chess computers or be assisted by a third party. Endgame tablebases may not be consulted during play but you may reference books, databases consisting of previously played games between human players, and other pre-existing research materials.

like the player chessisagame already stated: 'no cheating' is the only RHP rule. Anything else goes, which probably means I should have accepted a draw offer that was PMed to me (he was a 1900+ player) so that the player would easily win the tournament where another 1900+ player was head-to-head with him. No, it wasn't GP34.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Mar 10
1 edit

Only on the internet would people be even debating whether taking two six moves draws so that you and your opponent could both advance is ethical or not. Ask some real chess players what their opinion of such conduct is.

Unfortunately, the people who run RHP know very little about chess.