1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Nov '12 23:44
    Originally posted by atticus2
    I honestly don't know the truth of this. But it rings true from bits I've heard from the mods. It may not be the whole story either.

Remember always: RHP isn't a public service (non-subs apart). It's a private website that must minimally cover its costs from subs - even, heaven forbid, make a penny. So from Russ's POV in business terms, £30/$45 from a ch ...[text shortened]... erned. And setting up another 'mod system', how would one do that? Pay Zygalski maybe 😉
    I was a subscriber, but when I was constantly being harrassed and threatened to be banned from the site, I did not renew just in case.
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    19 Nov '12 23:46
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    At the time I made that statement, I was being intimidated and harrassed by the accusations, but when I discovered that players that I was being checked against had higher matchup rates than myself, I reconsidered my hasty decision. If I am considered a cheater then I wondered why were not the rest being harrassed. The only thing I could see was that they ...[text shortened]... ow stupid belief in evolution was. Therefore, I decided I was needed here to present the truth.
    Maybe it has something do with the the fact that they don't spam up the forums like you do with such inane drivel Ron?!
  3. Standard memberhedonist
    peacedog's keeper
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 00:32
    I cant find the ignore button. Does this forum not have one?
  4. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 00:57
    I think at least 100 games should be used in the average and at least 90% of the 1st choice moves of the engine should be exceeded before anyone should be considered as an engine user.
    I think you should have been banned a year ago.
  5. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 01:01
    Originally posted by Zygalski

Why would a genuinely strong, unassisted player even bother playing against an engine on RHP when they can train on their own, or play stronger centaurs on other sites where engine use is given the green light in an official way?
    exactly why my sub was allowed to lapse.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 01:30
    I wonder what happened to cohonas because he was once rated 2451 and now he is 2287. He is one of those that I was tested against for cheating and he had a higher matchup rate than me. He beat me in both games. Yet, I was the one accused of cheating. This was at the end of last year when I was rated 2202 and he was rated 2442. GameId 8845060 Game 8845060 and gameId 8845055 Game 8845055
  7. Joined
    05 Nov '08
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 01:56
    how about a voluntary say $10 per annum levy on your annual subscription to fund a few non-game playing game mods research with an agreed set of banning criteria (published ?) ? if enough people signed up to this I'm sure there would be some volunteers to carry out the research if they were reasonably convinced their research would be acted upon
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 02:08
    Originally posted by st40
    how about a voluntary say $10 per annum levy on your annual subscription to fund a few non-game playing game mods research with an agreed set of banning criteria (published ?) ? if enough people signed up to this I'm sure there would be some volunteers to carry out the research if they were reasonably convinced their research would be acted upon
    I might volunteer if the non-game playing part is changed.
  9. Joined
    05 Nov '08
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 02:18
    I might volunteer if the non-game playing part is changed.
    RJ - STFU
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 18:28
    Originally posted by st40
    RJ - STFU
    By what authority do you say this?
  11. Wat?
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 19:31
    I think at least 100 games should be used in the average and at least 90% of the 1st choice moves of the engine should be exceeded before anyone should be considered as an engine user.
    Ron....

I believe you know little about psychology, and how much you can really reveal about yourself in a few words.

1. In reference to this post, I quote your usage of the words 'the chess engine'.
    The word 'the', as opposed to 'a' or 'an', suggests personal knowledge of the noun we talk about. That is before you suddenly realise possile suspicion, and revert back to 'an' engine user.

2. "I was a subscriber, but when I was constantly being harrassed and threatened to be banned from the site, I did not renew just in case."

You use the words 'just in case' - which is a pre-cursive finalisation. 'Just in case' is something persons do in order to achieve what they want for guaranteed outcome, as opposed to failure. Just in case - it's almost provocative in failure to accept rigid thinking, which goes against 'divergent thinking' - the creative manifestation of continued new ideas - as a chess player would normally have attributes for.

3. Then you say, "

Admins want to be sure they are correct and fair in their actions. That is why I am still here, IMO."

Your fixation with gratification is exampled by your tendency to suckle, i.e. rely upon Admin for your presence. In your fixation with suckling, you often forget your oral tendencies. Those present themselves with certain causes. One example would be your going to the refridgerator, opening it, closing it and then going for groceries with an explanation of what you want.

Very similar to your chess dialogue. 😉

-m.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 20:44
    Originally posted by mikelom
    Ron....

I believe you know little about psychology, and how much you can really reveal about yourself in a few words.

1. In reference to this post, I quote your usage of the words 'the chess engine'.
    The word 'the', as opposed to 'a' or 'an', suggests personal knowledge of the noun we talk about. That is before you suddenly realise possile suspicion, ...[text shortened]... anation of what you want.

Very similar to your chess dialogue. 😉

-m.
    You are funny. Ha ha 😀

You really thinK all your fine words convinces me you understand psychology. Perhaps, you are just trying to grab the attention away from me. 😏
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 21:06
    I really think that as soon as a non-subscriber hits 1900 they should not be allowed to start any more games until they pay up.

Cheats are bad enough but at least make them contribute!

(btw: I am NOT saying that 1900+ players are cheats!)
  14. Standard membergambit05
    Mad Murdock
    I forgot
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 21:16
    So, we have many bots and one clown. What are we gonna do?
  15. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 22:18
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I really think that as soon as a non-subscriber hits 1900 they should not be allowed to start any more games until they pay up.

Cheats are bad enough but at least make them contribute!

(btw: I am NOT saying that 1900+ players are cheats!)
    I was thinking that it might be a good idea to remove non-subs from the player tables, thus removing the temptation for engine cheats to seek 'glory'..

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree