1. Standard membercadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    Moves
    17 Nov '12 01:56
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    I think my main point was this, does banning even work?

Controversial, yes. but even when the game mods were in full flow, they never even got close to removing the blatant cheats!

Personally, think we should consider validating the human players. Yes, this [b]IS
    a human player! When you have a high score table with validated players up agains ...[text shortened]... % win, one draw and no loss' player, it just puts a massive spot light on the BLATANT cheat...[/b]
    Yes, but it would need to be in a way that the validation could not be abused... I'm sure engine cheats would not be against cheating the validation too with multi accounts etc. An interesting proposition... take it to site ideas spanky 😉
  2. Joined
    24 May '08
    Moves
    17 Nov '12 05:101 edit
    I'm afraid the site has become too poisoned for any of this to be of use now.
    If all the top 100 or so players aren't regularly consulting engines, then they're playing GM quality chess to earn even a draw against other 2200+ rateds who are.

None of the top players on this site have any real credibility & this lack of credibility will only get worse as more & more blatant cheats rise to the top of the ratings lists.
    I think it's been at least 18 months since the last engine user was banned, and during the last 3 years bannings were sporadic to say the least!
    Since then, the site has found plenty of incredibly strong players who have flown to the top of the ratings list from nowhere 😉

Why would a genuinely strong, unassisted player even bother playing against an engine on RHP when they can train on their own, or play stronger centaurs on other sites where engine use is given the green light in an official way?
  3. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    17 Nov '12 05:291 edit
    Originally posted by Zygalski
    If all the top 100 or so players aren't regularly consulting engines, then they're playing GM quality chess to earn even a draw against other 2200+ rateds who are.

None of the top players on this site have any real credibility & this lack of credibility will only get worse as ronger centaurs on other sites where engine use is given the green light in an official way?

I'm sorry, this is just wrong. I have drawn with fritz a couple of times and i'm barely 1900 on this site. Ok, i was playing against the engine on a restricted time control (and my flag fell both times) but achieving a draw against an engine isn't beyond human capability, engines are really quite rubbish against an opponent that seeks a draw.

None of the top players on this site have any real credibility & this lack of credibility will only get worse as more & more blatant cheats rise to the top of the ratings lists.

This is precisely why i am suggesting players that are proven innocent (as far as is possible) should be recognised as such. By creating a pool of recognised human players, it squeezes the cheats out into the open..

Why would a genuinely strong, unassisted player even bother playing

Exactly!! This is exactly what i am trying to get at! Why would they? By creating a a system that rewards fair play, THAT is how we encourage and maintain a community of human players..

Unless you disagree...?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Nov '12 05:47

I'm sorry, this is just wrong. I have drawn with fritz a couple of times and i'm barely 1900 on this site. Ok, i was playing against the engine on a restricted time control (and my ...[text shortened]... is how we encourage and maintain a community of human players..

Unless you disagree...?
    We don't want any of those strong players on here anyway, do we?
  5. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    17 Nov '12 05:58
  6. Joined
    24 May '08
    Moves
    17 Nov '12 06:04

I'm sorry, this is just wrong. I have drawn with fritz a couple of times and i'm barely 1900 on this site. Ok, i was playing against the engine on a restricted time control (and my ...[text shortened]... human capability, engines are really quite rubbish against an opponent that seeks a draw.
    Try playing vs Fritz when it looks at any given position for a couple of minutes, which is probably equivalent to what even the most stupid cheats do on this site.
    Best of luck!
  7. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    17 Nov '12 16:41
    Try playing vs Fritz when it looks at any given position for a couple of minutes, which is probably equivalent to what even the most stupid cheats do on this site.
    Best of luck!
    Look come on, i didn't start this thread to defend engine use, quite the opposite!
  8. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    17 Nov '12 21:001 edit
    I agree 100% with this. Unfortunately I believe RHP is now salvageable as a place for reasonably strong chess players to play fair correspondence chess against other human players.
  9. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    17 Nov '12 23:20
    Um, I meant unsalvageable! Damn spellchecker stole my "un".
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Nov '12 01:22
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    Um, I meant unsalvageable! Damn spellchecker stole my "un".
    I believe there is some type of glitch in the system, because every letter that is typed does not always appear. So you have to check the output carefully before you click on Post.
  11. Standard memberusmc7257
    semper fi
    Moves
    18 Nov '12 04:44
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I believe there is some type of glitch in the system, because every letter that is typed does not always appear. So you have to check the output carefully before you click on Post.
    You are right... just like you check the "analyze board" feature before you click on submit move. Give us a break man. You said you would stop posting in this forum a couple of times, only to show up once again. For once, stop lying. Stop acting like you are a victim. You cheat and then claim that people say you are cheating because of your religion. For once, take some accountability for you actions. Even if you refuse to admit you are a cheat, stay out of a forum who obviously does not want your input. You have nothing of value to contribute here. Save your "comedy" for the spirtuality forum.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Nov '12 05:44
    Originally posted by usmc7257
    You are right... just like you check the "analyze board" feature before you click on submit move. Give us a break man. You said you would stop posting in this forum a couple of times, only to show up once again. For once, stop lying. Stop acting like you are a victim. You cheat and then claim that people say you are cheating because of your religion. For on ...[text shortened]... You have nothing of value to contribute here. Save your "comedy" for the spirtuality forum.
    We all lie. So that is nothing new under the sun. If I leave someone else you don't like will just replace me. So learn to live with it.
  13. Joined
    26 Aug '11
    Moves
    18 Nov '12 05:52
    No one can stop anyone from using an "Artificial brain". It don't bother me,
    for someone to use it against me. I'm here for fun, as I expect it when i joined here.
    🙂
  14. Wat?
    Moves
    18 Nov '12 11:18
    I'd like to know who exactly copies and pastes my PGNs, FENs etc, per move, whilst games are in progress.

It doesn't get much much simpler than that, for an initial start!

-m.

What say ye?
  15. Joined
    24 May '08
    Moves
    18 Nov '12 11:31
    Page view logs are a key weapon in the cheat hunter's arsenal.
    If a player logs into site, then downloads pgns or fens regularly then moves moments later in each of those games, and the moves match engine choices, you've pretty much got an open & shut case of idiotic engine use.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree