1. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    15 Apr '08 19:29
    During my waiting for a password which I've lost I registered on the other CC site and I am playing some games. Now, I have one very nice KG game but situation is so complicated that every tempo is precious, so in that jungle here is the question :

What do you do in that kind of extremely complicated situation when everything is hanging and one mistake is probably lethal ?

Systematic blunder checking is a must but is that enough ? I am talking about kind of game where bad bishop doesn't make a difference and when your opponent is 1850 player who isn't kidding...

So, you look at the board and... what ??
  2. Joined
    12 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Apr '08 20:27
    calculate variations, thats the only thing that helps when the situation is so complicated, when everything is hanging.
  3. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    15 Apr '08 22:19
    Originally posted by schakuhr
    calculate variations, thats the only thing that helps when the situation is so complicated, when everything is hanging.
    Yes calculate, recalculate and then check it all again and when you think you have found the forced winning line you find (3 moves in) that you missed something. Schuks! Better luck next time. Of course if your persevere on the analysis making full use of the analysis board you may just calculate correctly 9 X out of 10.

... but if you don't or you cannot cope with it then the only answer is to avoid such sharp tactical games and go in for some closed strategic openings.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Apr '08 00:321 edit
    Just a practical advice: using a pgn editor to analyse that game (and save you analysis)would make a lot of difference than using the regular analysis board feature.
  5. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    16 Apr '08 00:38
    Originally posted by diskamyl
    Just a practical advice: using a pgn editor to analyse that game (and save you analysis)would make a lot of difference than using the regular analysis board feature.
    Yes, that is true... I have ChessPad I should use it more 🙂
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Apr '08 00:39
    and one more tip: analyse just a few more moves than seems necessary.
  7. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    16 Apr '08 00:562 edits
    Calculate again. For instance, in game
    Game 3945757

Before making move 31 (g5) I calculated all the way through my 38th move and it seemed good enough to me. Clearly I should have looked 1 move further, especially considering that my king was so exposed for a double attack.

Looking back I wonder why I thought it was good. I was afraid of c5 but I had some definate pressure that I was giving up....
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Apr '08 02:22
    Originally posted by zebano
    Calculate again. For instance, in game
    Game 3945757

Before making move 31 (g5) I calculated all the way through my 38th move and it seemed good enough to me. Clearly I should have looked 1 move further, especially considering that my king was so exposed for a double attack.

Looking back I wonder why I thought it was good. I was afraid of c5 but I had some definate pressure that I was giving up....
    I only took a quick look but wouldn't 33. Rh3xh6 have been winning?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree