1. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 16:04
    Originally posted by wormwood
    I've had enough. just cancelled my sub. don't know yet if I'm going stay as nonsub or not, but with all this engine user rubbish and banning people opposing them, it's just not worth it anymore.
    Dude these things will find a way of sorting themselves out, its a little early to state whether Fat lady's protest shall accomplish anything, wait to see what happens, he may not have sacrificed his freedom of speech for nothing!
  2. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 16:40
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Don't you go as well. I'll soon be rattling around here like a pea in a bucket.

Or do you want your own:

[b]Wormwood has Gone On Vacation
    thread?[/b]
    I don't do vacations.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 17:43
    Originally posted by ayceebee
    I don't know if we are referring to the same thread. I was thinking of his " Strange Ending " thread, where one player resigned when he had the game won. I still can't figure out why anyone would do that, or why it isn't against the TOS.
    That STRANGE ENDING was a good thread.

The parties involved had every chance to explain their actions. It was a valid thread.
  4. The Smoke
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 17:59
    Originally posted by wormwood
    I've had enough. just cancelled my sub.
    well, I'm giving it a second thought, too... not because of the engine users (as I don't think I really encounter them at my level) but solely 'cause of the forum moderators. I think it's a joke.

I'm giving this thread 24h max before it's pulled.
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 18:12
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    That STRANGE ENDING was a good thread.

The parties involved had every chance to explain their actions. It was a valid thread.
    Yeah. Hate when new mods are installed - censorship gets heavy handed.

n00bs with power tend to find ways to use it.
  6. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 18:31
    Fat Lady picked up a month ban for breaking TOS in the Forum.

Usually a mere flesh wound but was told today she had quit the site. :'(

No sign yet of the ex RHP blog.

Korch, HeinzKat, Fat Lady....all gone. Glum days indeed.

I squished a skull today that cheered me up.
    Its the way of the world.

For every Korch, HeinzKat, Fat Lady that leaves there will be a new Korch, HeinzKat, Fat Lady to replace them.

It is a bit sad that someone decides to leave because of a forum ban. Many people have had these, you just brush them off and get on with it again.

Regrettably cheating is rife in all walks of life, however we should take comfort from the fact that cheats are being removed from the site, albeit too slowly for many here, but that is just one of the bugs of the site that admin want to make sure before removing them.

Is there any reason why suspected, reported cheats cannot have games started against them by the genuine players, say using a 7/7 plus time control. They then play the games to the limit of time control thereby wasting the time of the cheat who will have many games that will take ages to finish and hopefully they will be removed before the games end?

These games could be played to the absolute end with no resignations being made by the genuine players.
  7. e4
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 18:33
    Hi Renars.

"well, I'm giving it a second thought, too..."

Aw not you too...

I play on loads other sites, usually blitz.
    I very very rarely post on their forums. They are dull boring and very serious.

This place is by far the best (and addictive).

Fat Lady did break TOS how I felt at the time I posted, nothing has changed.
    I get on with them both.

But it was against TOS and if it had been allowed to stay then it would have
    open day on everybody again with people taking sides and Flame Wars III

The sores are still open from Flame Wars I and II.

HeinzKat? I don't know what he did. But he would have made merry with all of this.
  8. Joined
    06 May '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 18:46
    HeinzKat? I don't know what he did. But he would have made merry with all of this.
    Who's going to fill up the RHP Blitz thread now? 🙁
  9. Forum Moderator
    19 Feb '10 19:06
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Yeah. Hate when new mods are installed - censorship gets heavy handed.

n00bs with power tend to find ways to use it.
    The new moderators were not involved with the removal of that thread. Please do not jump to conclusions about things which you have no knowledge of.
  10. Standard memberTraveling Again
    I'm 1/4 Ninja
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 19:18
    Originally posted by Forum Moderator
    The new moderators were not involved with the removal of that thread. Please do not jump to conclusions about things which you have no knowledge of.
    [alerted for excessive sensitivity]
  11. Joined
    24 Jun '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 19:24
    You're writing style is very familiar.
  12. Standard memberJonathanB of London
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    London
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 19:26
    Faceless moderators are probably not the best way forward if you want to actively encourage a thriving forum.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 19:32
    A lack of information in any field creates speculation.
  14. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    19 Feb '10 19:36
    If facts are not made available, speculation will abound. You'll just end up killing your own forums with more heavy handed censorship to stop it.
  15. Forum Moderator
    19 Feb '10 19:40

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree