1. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    22 Feb '10 01:222 edits
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Is it the mod's place to make that decision?
    Yes, the admins put them in that position to make decisions for them, if they disagree then they will change it themselves. The mod himself even used the word "guidelines."
  2. SubscriberkNIGHTHEAD
    aka DEFIANT
    Moves
    22 Feb '10 04:14
    ...and Fat Lady is reading these posts......
  3. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    22 Feb '10 04:29
    Originally posted by Forum Moderator
    People seem to think we have ill will against some users or something, that isn't true. I would gladly do what you suggest, really, I would gladly lift the ban, but the thing is, there are guidelines, they have been set by the admins and they must be followed. We don't want to loose important members, their contributions are vital to us, and we want ...[text shortened]... tions. We are open to all suggestions and changes as long as they are coherent. Thank you.
    it's irrelevant that you 'have to' obey the rules. blind obedience is less important than improving the site for everyone.

when the system doesn't work, the solution is not to conform to its rules. the real solution is to rebel, to challenge the system to change. changing bad rules almost always begins with civil disobedience.
  4. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    22 Feb '10 08:34
    Methinks ToS have to be respected by all; whenever a user has indications that another user violates ToS, a PM to the site admins or to the mods is enough.
    Breaking the ToS because somebody else broke the ToS is no solution.

And anyway our dear Fat Lady is free to come back here at RHP after a while -we lost not India afterall😵
  5. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    22 Feb '10 12:39
    Originally posted by greenpawn34

We get no feed back from FPT's no feed back from site ideas.
    And therein lies the real problem. If the process were more open then these sorts of things wouldn't happen.

Please note : You will not receive a response to this ticket.

Why is that ?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Feb '10 12:481 edit
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Methinks ToS have to be respected by all; whenever a user has indications that another user violates ToS, a PM to the site admins or to the mods is enough.
    Breaking the ToS because somebody else broke the ToS is no solution.

And anyway our dear Fat Lady is free to come back here at RHP after a while -we lost not India afterall😵
    Black beetle in the ring
    Tra la la la la
    There's a Black beetle in the ring
    Tra la la la la la

great game beetle

Game 6706023
  7. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    22 Feb '10 14:17
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Black beetle in the ring
    Tra la la la la
    There's a Black beetle in the ring
    Tra la la la la la

great game beetle

Game 6706023
    This game was won easily from the opening thanks to Boris Avrukhs' superb "GM Repertoire I"!
    Just another excellent book published by Quality Chess!
    😵
  8. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    22 Feb '10 16:44
    Originally posted by thaughbaer
    And therein lies the real problem. If the process were more open then these sorts of things wouldn't happen.

Why is that ?
    it wouldn't matter if only the system worked and the blatant cheaters were actually kicked. but they're not, even though the game mods have delivered evidence beyond any reasonable doubt. the 1st page of player tables reads like an insult to the few human players on it, and nothing is being done. the system doesn't work.
  9. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    23 Feb '10 02:57
    Originally posted by wormwood
    it wouldn't matter if only the system worked and the blatant cheaters were actually kicked. but they're not, even though the game mods have delivered evidence beyond any reasonable doubt. the 1st page of player tables reads like an insult to the few human players on it, and nothing is being done. the system doesn't work.
    Agreed !
    It is very annoying to fight to reach a finals and then see you are playing a machine. I keep a private list of cheats and it has consistently grown. I no longer send tickets since it has shown to be fruitless.
    Sad but true.
  10. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    25 Feb '10 01:18
    Originally posted by thaughbaer

Why is that ?
    Room 101

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree