Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 02 Apr '06 21:33
    please post if you like flank openings or are interested in discussing them or if you want to comment on them, no profanity please
  2. 02 Apr '06 22:21 / 1 edit
    Regarding 1.f4 Here are some threads you might find interesting.

Thread 39433
    Thread 19215
    Thread 22682

And the From's gambit tournament
    Tournament 793

Enjoy.
  3. 02 Apr '06 22:28
    I play the english (1.c4) as my primary white opening. It is solid and has served me well...
  4. 03 Apr '06 02:06
    Originally posted by zebano
    I play the english (1.c4) as my primary white opening. It is solid and has served me well...
    and the English does have a tendency to catch people unawares, it's not just a "reverse Sicilian".
  5. 03 Apr '06 02:53
    Originally posted by General Putzer
    and the English does have a tendency to catch people unawares, it's not just a "reverse Sicilian".
    True. In general the lines that scare me the most are the ones where black does not play e5 early on.
  6. 03 Apr '06 15:03
    Recently started playing f4.

I love it. And If you are prepared to do a little memorising From's Gambit holds no surprises and is good for white.
  7. 03 Apr '06 20:33
    Hey, tmetzler, would you mind challenging me, i hope you dont mind me using my thread instead of the meet players one, i just don't want to have to make a new thread just for this
  8. 03 Apr '06 20:38
    i am currently full on games and would like to play tmetzler, i will notify you on this thread if i remember to, hope you will take my challenge
  9. 03 Apr '06 21:49
    Originally posted by chessviper
    i am currently full on games and would like to play tmetzler, i will notify you on this thread if i remember to, hope you will take my challenge
    Sure I'll play, I've updated my challenge settings to allow you to challenge me. Just sent me a game when you get an opening.

Anybody else (that I haven't played before) that sends me a random challenge due to me opening up my settings will find the game promptly deleted.

--tmetzler
  10. 03 Apr '06 21:59
    Originally posted by tmetzler
    Sure I'll play, I've updated my challenge settings to allow you to challenge me. Just sent me a game when you get an opening.

Anybody else (that I haven't played before) that sends me a random challenge due to me opening up my settings will find the game promptly deleted.

--tmetzler
    Awww
  11. 03 Apr '06 21:59
    Originally posted by tmetzler

--tmetzler
    thanks, are you with USCF?
  12. 03 Apr '06 22:04 / 1 edit
    Note:though Nf3 is considered a flank opening, i like c4 and f4 better,so if you want to discuss Nf3 here, feel free to, i probably won't add input,though
  13. 04 Apr '06 20:13
    Originally posted by ChessJester
    Awww
    you might ask tmetzler for a game, u know
  14. 06 Apr '06 15:50
    I like playing with c4 and against people who use it, so feel free to challenge me.
  15. 06 Apr '06 22:06
    Hey tmetzler, sorry about the 200 rated beginner move