1. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeĀ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 01:31
    Originally posted by gambit3
    I do not consider a player strong until they are rated at least 2650 in over the board play vs 2600 and higher rated players. Tebb is not that strong a player. Perhaps his correnspondence play is another matter. Tebb may be a very strong correnspondence player. There are no GMs in here to really test the top players.
    Shut up, you're rated 1600 and dare talk about mr. Tebb.
  2. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 01:44
    Originally posted by Ravello
    Shut up, you're rated 1600 and dare talk about mr. Tebb.
    I said nothing against Tebb.
  3. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 02:05
    I said nothing against Tebb.
    "Tebb is not that strong a player"
  4. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 02:11
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Hardly a personal attack and taken out of context.
  5. Joined
    14 May '02
    Moves
    14 Sep '06 19:34
    Two defeats I'm afraid in rounds 8 and 9. I've not seen the games yet, but it should be pointed out that one game was against a Latvian GM, and the second was against consistently the strongest player in the Merseyside chess league in recent years, Gary Quillan.

Sorry to see that a spate of draws has broken out on the top boards.
  6. Joined
    02 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Sep '06 22:36

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Argentina
    Moves
    15 Sep '06 00:26
    Originally posted by Scobie
    Who the fcuk is David Tebb & why is everyone so obsessed with him?
    Who are you, in the first play? Which are your merits at chess?
    Grow up kid.

- J
  8. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    15 Sep '06 01:001 edit
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    wow, he really beat Kasparov.
    Here is the thread where David discusses his win against kasparov.

Thread 3438
  9. Donationrichjohnson
    TANSTAAFL
    Walking on sunshine
    Moves
    15 Sep '06 02:02
    Originally posted by bolshevik
    Two defeats I'm afraid in rounds 8 and 9. I've not seen the games yet, but it should be pointed out that one game was against a Latvian GM, and the second was against consistently the strongest player in the Merseyside chess league in recent years, Gary Quillan.

Sorry to see that a spate of draws has broken out on the top boards.
    At the risk of sounding stupid (or even worse, upsetting Ravello), in the Tebb-Quillan game, would white have been better with 32. g5 instead of 32. Bxc4, because it seems a shame to give up the bishop pair here.
  10. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    15 Sep '06 20:442 edits
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Well, he isn't. Now, Fischer. Bobby was strong! But, Tebb? Lots of fishies have reaches his rating and never got paid crap for it. But, Kasparov has a mansion, because he truly was strong!
  11. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    15 Sep '06 20:45
    Hardly a personal attack and taken out of context.
    Don't back off now. Jump on my anti-Tebb band wagon, gambit! Don't shy away now! Come to the Dark Side of the Force! BAHAHAHAHA!
  12. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    15 Sep '06 22:24
    Originally posted by powershaker
    Don't back off now. Jump on my anti-Tebb band wagon, gambit! Don't shy away now! Come to the Dark Side of the Force! BAHAHAHAHA!
    There are two players in here that I would like to hit in the mouth. Tebb is not one of those two. I have nothing against Tebb. I try to stay away from name calling, rudeness, cusing, insults, terrorist threats and slanderous actions. Voicing a opinion is another matter. Name calling, cusing, insults, terrorist threats and slander are against the TOS are they not. As I have seen it Red Hot Pawn does little about these things. Red Hot Pawn seems to only deal with multiple accounts, threats and P R O G R A M S.
  13. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '06 22:281 edit
    There are two players in here that I would like to hit in the mouth. Tebb is not one of those two. I have nothing against Tebb. I try to stay away from name calling, rudeness, cusing, insults, terrorist threats and slanderous actions. Voicing a opinion is another matter. Name calling, cusing, insults, terrorist threats and slander are against the TOS are the ...[text shortened]... ese things. Red Hot Pawn seems to only deal with multiple accounts, threats and P R O G R A M S.
    You expressed your opinion. Based on that, others have expressed their opinion that you're clearly none too bright.

So stop whining.
  14. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    16 Sep '06 00:31
    Good Luck David!
  15. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    17 Sep '06 03:30
    Originally posted by powershaker
    Well, he isn't. Now, Fischer. Bobby was strong! But, Tebb? Lots of fishies have reaches his rating and never got paid crap for it. But, Kasparov has a mansion, because he truly was strong!
    How many 2200+ OTB players have you played?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree