1. Under Cover
    Moves
    10 Sep '06 13:06
    Originally posted by z00t
    [b]rant Why does the RHP crowd always do this? Major on the minor in a post. This is supposed to be about a player on this site playing in the EU individual championship not about some confused guys comment about weak players under 2650 or something.

I thought you would be "seconds" and give encouraging/practical advice rather than some circus act.[/b]
    Well...that's what you get for trying to think. 😛
  2. Under Cover
    Moves
    10 Sep '06 13:531 edit
    I'm watching Short v Gormally right now. Nigel has the white side of a Sicilian, and appears to be getting into time trouble. 24 moves in and he has 18 mins on the clock vs Gormally's 48 minutes. I'm waiting to see him come out with something brilliant after all that thinking...

EDIT- I forgot to mention, he's listed at 2676, so he might be able to come up with a good move or two.
  3. Donation!~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    Your Kingside
    Moves
    10 Sep '06 19:261 edit
    There's a picture of Tebb posted in the pics section if anyone wants to actually visualize the person that is kicking the crap out of you every time.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, Tebb bears a pretty good resemblance to the famed Dane, Bent Larsen.

http://www.newinchess.com/Magazine/Images/2005/3/contents4_05_3.jpg

http://www.liverpoolchessinternational.co.uk/images/eu_photos/round_04/DSCF0074.JPG
  4. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    10 Sep '06 22:26
    Tebb loses to GM Pert, now only level with GM Stuart Conquest on 2.5/5.

Stuart Conquest is rated 2534. What a loser!
  5. Argentina
    Moves
    10 Sep '06 23:24
    Originally posted by dottewell
    Tebb loses to GM Pert, now only level with GM Stuart Conquest on 2.5/5.

Stuart Conquest is rated 2534. What a loser!
    Are you any better?
  6. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    10 Sep '06 23:26
    Originally posted by CrazyLilTing
    Are you any better?
    Did you read the entire thread?
  7. Donation!~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    Your Kingside
    Moves
    10 Sep '06 23:29
    Did you read the entire thread?
    I think it's pretty apparent he hasn't. 😀 Stu Conquest is a beast. Really creative and crazy...
  8. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 00:161 edit
    Originally posted by !~TONY~!
    There's a picture of Tebb posted in the pics section if anyone wants to actually visualize the person that is kicking the crap out of you every time.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, Tebb bears a pretty good resemblance to the famed Dane, Bent Larsen.

http://www.newinchess.com/Magazine/Images/2005/3/contents4_05_3.jpg

http://www.liverpoolchessinternational.co.uk/images/eu_photos/round_04/DSCF0074.JPG
    He looks like an old Nepolean Solo in that first pic.

edit. he's a she, and she's a native to Argentina, so allow her a bit of leeway on the post understanding, she took it literally s'all.
  9. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 01:151 edit
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    He looks like an old Nepolean Solo in that first pic.

edit. he's a she, and she's a native to Argentina, so allow her a bit of leeway on the post understanding, she took it literally s'all.
    Her English is very good. She didn't read the thread, s'all.
  10. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 01:21
    Her English is very good. She didn't read the thread, s'all.
    It'd suprise you how hard the nuances of the english language are to pick up for the non-native speaker. I have friends that don't understand simple double meanings, sarcasm, or irony.

It's not always as clear cut as you would think.
  11. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 01:341 edit
    It'd suprise you how hard the nuances of the english language are to pick up for the non-native speaker. I have friends that don't understand simple double meanings, sarcasm, or irony.

It's not always as clear cut as you would think.
    The joke was obvious, irrespective of language, to anyone who read the thread.

Irony does not have to be "translated". It is apparent from the context. And if in doubt, best say nowt.
  12. cavanaugh park
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 01:38
    Originally posted by gambit3
    I do not consider a player strong until they are rated at least 2650 in over the board play vs 2600 and higher rated players. Tebb is not that strong a player. Perhaps his correnspondence play is another matter. Tebb may be a very strong correnspondence player. There are no GMs in here to really test the top players.
    this thread should be about Tebb, i know, but i need to remain on the tangent and say that gambit's statement is completely stupid, and i hope he was drunk when he wrote it
  13. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 01:46
    The joke was obvious, irrespective of language, to anyone who read the thread.

Irony does not have to be "translated". It is apparent from the context. And if in doubt, best say nowt.
    What was obvious was that crazy was trying to give support to Mr Tebb, a point that seems lost in your superiority complex.

Tollerance seems so hard for you, why ?
  14. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 01:53
    What was obvious was that crazy was trying to give support to Mr Tebb, a point that seems lost in your superiority complex.

Tollerance seems so hard for you, why ?
    I don't tolerate people being rude to me because they haven't bothered to read the whole thread. I was also, quite obviously, being supportive of David Tebb.

CLT is not stupid and this is not the first time she has attacked my posts. She could quite easily have attacked other people who have made the same joke in this thread, or better still said nothing. She got it wrong, and I'm entitled to defend myself.

It's over. Stop playing the forum Jesus, and let's get back on-topic.
  15. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    11 Sep '06 01:57
    I don't tolerate people being rude to me because they haven't bothered to read the whole thread. I was also, quite obviously, being supportive of David Tebb.

CLT is not stupid and this is not the first time she has attacked my posts. She could quite easily have attacked other people who have made the same joke in this thread, or better still said nothin ...[text shortened]... to defend myself.

It's over. Stop playing the forum Jesus, and let's get back on-topic.
    *dodges handbag*

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree