1. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    26 Nov '06 10:16
    Sorry, I haven't had the time to browse this way for a while - is this game still on, or has MPP declined the challenge?
  2. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    26 Nov '06 10:21
    Given that hes managed to ignore my playchess handle for a good few weeks now I guess not. 😛
  3. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    26 Nov '06 10:231 edit
    Ah, that's a shame, I was looking forward to learning something from those matches. I ask in all innocence because I was just browsing another thread a moment ago and I noticed MPP castigating everyone on here as (amongst many other things) cowardly. I guess a taxonomist would file that away under the category "experiential observations".
  4. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    26 Nov '06 10:32
    Looking at MMP's real life ratings the games would be close, but he hasnt made much progess in chess for 6 years (about 60 points). I doubt he ever will, id probably win now and in a years time I imagine id just hammer him silly. The offer is always open should he ever want to try 🙂
  5. Joined
    08 Aug '05
    Moves
    26 Nov '06 10:39
    Originally posted by Bedlam
    Given that hes managed to ignore my playchess handle for a good few weeks now I guess not. 😛
    Lol, reading all these posts in this thread just makes me laugh. It's all about style like other decent fellows have mentioned - try telling a certain Mr Karpov that 1... c5 is better than 1... c6 against 1. e4!! Me, myself I play 3. e5 against the French cos I like the resulting positions from it - it doesn't necessarily mean it's the strongest move, just love the flavour of the positions arising from it. Just enjoy your chess - there's more to life than squabbling over a move with that person.
  6. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    26 Nov '06 10:46
    Originally posted by Oddjob291
    Lol, reading all these posts in this thread just makes me laugh. It's all about style like other decent fellows have mentioned - try telling a certain Mr Karpov that 1... c5 is better than 1... c6 against 1. e4!! Me, myself I play 3. e5 against the French cos I like the resulting positions from it - it doesn't necessarily mean it's the strongest move, just ...[text shortened]... . Just enjoy your chess - there's more to life than squabbling over a move with that person.
    Um I know its a case of style. I pointed out that people who play Nd2 maybe have a different objective to those who play Nc3.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree