1. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    28 Oct '06 19:58
    Originally posted by MerchantParkPro
    Backed down like the pathetic coward you are. So predictable! Even after I was willing to play at YOUR suggested site! This is hillarious how retarded you are!
    Keep using the word retarded while you keep proving how much of a fool you are....its sweet.
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '06
    Moves
    28 Oct '06 19:59
    I prefer 8 hour games, but only OTB where idiots like you and your boyfriend bedlam can't cheat. If it's got to be online it's got to be at a time control where you can't cheat. A strong player would have no problem playing bullet chess.
    Bedlam isn't wormwood's boyfriend, I wish he was mine - stop being so gay

😉
  3. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    28 Oct '06 20:01
    Originally posted by Turfmoor
    Bedlam isn't wormwood's boyfriend, I wish he was mine - stop being so gay

😉
    Hes clearly a prat, people cheat in shorter time controls all the time. If he was the Fischer fan he thinks he is then he'd know about the Short vs 'Fischer' blitz/bullet games.
  4. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    28 Oct '06 20:10
    He seems to have sodded off...well you know where you can find me. In the mean time find a laxative might make you less tense.
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '06
    Moves
    28 Oct '06 20:10
    I don;t know about Short v Fischer, what happened, did Nigel try to flirt with him?
    🙂
  6. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    28 Oct '06 20:121 edit
    Maybe MerchantParkPro thought that "I'm Naked Jammy Tart" was Cockney rhyming slang reverbing off the Welsh valleys...

I'm looking forward to seeing these games, but I was hoping for something with a bit of theoretical depth to teach the rest of us novices the respective merits of these approaches, and bullet isn't likely to produce that. The cheat police on here are all the insurance anyone needs anyway.
  7. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    28 Oct '06 20:121 edit
    Originally posted by Turfmoor
    I don;t know about Short v Fischer, what happened, did Nigel try to flirt with him?
    🙂
    No, Nigel came out claiming he was sure he was playing Fischer in blitz games. The person used stupid openings then went on to crush short. Turned out it was some Canadian guy with a computer.
  8. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    28 Oct '06 20:17
    Originally posted by Amaurote
    Maybe MerchantParkPro thought that "I'm Naked Jammy Tart" was Cockney rhyming slang reverbing off the Welsh valleys...

I'm looking forward to seeing these games, but I was hoping for something with a bit of theoretical depth to teach the rest of us novices the respective merits of these approaches, and bullet isn't likely to produce that. The cheat police on here are all the insurance anyone needs anyway.
    Who knows how he managed to miss it, clearly hes the only one. We should start a charity fund to buy him an education.
  9. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    28 Oct '06 20:191 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Standard memberrbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    Infernalis
    Moves
    28 Oct '06 20:21
    I simply stated a true fact. You've made it 100% clear that you're a know nothing patzer who doesn't understand chess, or anything else.
    Just sitting here, reading this thread. Watching you make a complete fool of yourself. Interesting to note that on RHP, you've only beaten one player whose rating was above your current rating--and that guy was provisional.
  11. Joined
    12 Mar '03
    Moves
    28 Oct '06 21:30
    It is about fitting your playing style. I have always had some difficulty playing against the french defense. I probably did spend 5 to 10 times more study hours on the 3.Nc3 variations than on all other variations together. Why? Because like many players I felt that they looked so much more (attr)active, and so many beautiful attacking games were played by top GM's with it. But still ... my personal results were consistently better with the Tarrash. So, Tarrash I played. And as a bonus, the 3. Nc3 dxe4 part of the study time was well worth the investment.
  12. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    28 Oct '06 22:30
    I just noticed MerchantParkPro doesnt have a star now *cries* I will miss his superior debating style not to mention GM level chess insights....🙁🙁🙁
  13. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    28 Oct '06 22:59
    I think this is the part of the show where he blasts off from the side of his exploding HQ in some kind of turbo-charged blimp, laughing hysterically, stroking his cat and shouting, "I'll get you next time, Gadget."
  14. Joined
    07 Nov '04
    Moves
    29 Oct '06 00:50
    Originally posted by David Tebb
    I agree that there are lots of other factors involved besides the raw statistics. In the first part of my post I gave my opinion that the moves 3.Nc3, 3.Nd2 and 3.e5 are equally strong. That's my subjective impression based on my own experiences playing all 3 moves in countless games over many years and from other player's games that I've seen (eg. in boo ...[text shortened]... they are comfortable with. I was just trying to bring some objectivity into the discussion.
    Dave's right of course. It really is a question of style and understanding. Basically if you feel comfortable about the type of position you reach and have a good understanding of it, you're likely to do well, both here and OTB. You have to approach raw database statistics with a certain amount of scepticism. It all depends on when the games were played and the relevant ratings of the opponents. Also people may have improvements in certain lines, which will render the statistics to an extent irrelevant. For what it's worth, the last time I looked (a couple of years ago), the statistically most successful move against the French was 2.Qe2 (Tchigorin). Now I occasionally play 2.Qe2, but I actually play it according to Tchigorin's original intention with an early b3 (and get some very interesting positions), whereas almost all the players in the survey mentioned above played it in conjunction with d3, i.e a sort of KIA. Not sure what that means, but I'm sure that players who understand positions better than others generally prevail!
  15. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '06 00:561 edit
    Originally posted by Northern Lad
    Dave's right of course. It really is a question of style and understanding. Basically if you feel comfortable about the type of position you reach and have a good understanding of it, you're likely to do well, both here and OTB. You have to approach raw database statistics with a certain amount of scepticism. It all depends on when the games were played s, but I'm sure that players who understand positions better than others generally prevail!
    I noticed that you used the Tchigorin in your in progress game against a certain strong player, but didn't want to mention it because of idiot prats that may comment on it. And I have used offbeat lines like the Reti (1.e4 e6 2.b3 d5 3.Bb2!?), so the Tchigorin caught my attention when I saw you use it.

To MerchantParkPro, if you haven't run away crying yet, I can attest that Bedlam doesn't cheat - as is evident by the training lessons that he personally gave to me on RHP - Engines don't have the ability to teach what he did. And a g/90 game or larger is the best way to determine one's chess skill. Hell, you may even get lucky against him, it's happens. Although from seeing your posts I doubt it.

I hope to see this game if it does happen, it's as exciting as the Wch. 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree