1. Standard memberHurricaneConway125
    SUPREMO OF SOMERSET
    SOMERSET
    Moves
    17 Jul '08 20:40
    Be honest people, own up to your gameknot account names if you have them and your opinions on the site. I've just joined it but im not sure whether its worth my time to use it!
  2. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    17 Jul '08 22:21
    Originally posted by HurricaneConway125
    Be honest people, own up to your gameknot account names if you have them and your opinions on the site. I've just joined it but im not sure whether its worth my time to use it!
    Here is better.

I only play very fast games on Gameknot without using books or DBs.

The idea is to see if I learnt anything here.
  3. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    17 Jul '08 22:24
    I had a look a coupls of years ago but Kepler was already taken. I haven't been back for a considerable time (over 20 months) and can't remember what I called myself over there.
  4. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    17 Jul '08 22:29
    Mr Conway I'm shocked and appalled 😠

There's rhp and only redhotpawn... if only because I like to loudly announce in mixed company that I like Pawn.
  5. 19th hole
    Moves
    18 Jul '08 02:39
    I used to play on gameknot, but I forgot to move over there several times and got timed out. Now I have 0 games in progress over there and don't really plan on starting any new games.
  6. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    18 Jul '08 04:06
    Same name as here.
    Half my games at Gameknot have been against engines.
  7. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    18 Jul '08 05:53
    I am Wulebgr. I play there. It is worth the time, but not the cost of membership.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jul '08 08:04
    I've been playing there as diskamyl, but after a month or so, I got kicked out because my web browser was blocking it's ads. I couldn't believe it. then I stopped moving my current games, and moved on to chess.com, and I'm pretty happy. You have an unlimited amount of games without subscribing, and can join tournaments, and the forums are full of action all the time, I could spend as much as I wish when I get bored. Unlike the RHP community in which the chess forums make up a little percentage of all the forums, chess players there actually have an interest in discussing about chess!
  9. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    18 Jul '08 08:111 edit
    Same name as here. I dont spend for GK so much time as for RHP.
  10. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    18 Jul '08 08:45
    I used to play on Gmaknot but left when Korch became a member 😉
  11. Standard memberHurricaneConway125
    SUPREMO OF SOMERSET
    SOMERSET
    Moves
    18 Jul '08 09:26
    Originally posted by Lukerik
    Mr Conway I'm shocked and appalled 😠

There's rhp and only redhotpawn... if only because I like to loudly announce in mixed company that I like Pawn.
    I'm sorry lukerik my teacher insisted i give it a try
  12. Standard memberHurricaneConway125
    SUPREMO OF SOMERSET
    SOMERSET
    Moves
    18 Jul '08 09:27
    Well I don't intend to become a subscriber on there and devote as much time to it as i do on rhp, am i right in saying that if you win a certain amount of games on in you can win more game slots?
  13. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    18 Jul '08 09:381 edit
    Well, I do not know why you are at gameknot..... Only site that can be compared to RHP is chess.com. So if you have two main chess sites I would definetly change gameknot.com with chess.com. CC there works just fine + you can play unlimited number of games as non sub. And gameknot membership prices compared to RHP ones are just ridiculous.
  14. Joined
    28 Jan '04
    Moves
    18 Jul '08 10:30
    I was "luctruc" over there. I pretty much got banned. I'm guessing it was for linking to RHP on my profile page.
  15. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    18 Jul '08 11:02
    Originally posted by luctruc
    I was "luctruc" over there. I pretty much got banned. I'm guessing it was for linking to RHP on my profile page.
    Why couldn't you link RHP on your profile page ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree