Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 27 Mar '08 02:44
    If Fischer was alive today, and the match between Kasparov and Fischer took place, Kasparov will win. First the coin toss to see who's white first. Kasparov gets white and Fischer black for the first game. Kasparov plays 1. e4 Fischer plays1... c4. Kasparov plays 2. Nf3, Fischer complains about the lighting, too many spectators and the microscopic bug spot on the chess board and forfeits the title to Kasparov and that is how it ends. The media wastes a lot of money, FIDE wastes money and Bobby goes into hiding.
  2. 27 Mar '08 02:46
    Originally posted by thestyxster
    If Fischer was alive today, and the match between Kasparov and Fischer took place, Kasparov will win. First the coin toss to see who's white first. Kasparov gets white and Fischer black for the first game. Kasparov plays 1. e4 Fischer plays1... c4. Kasparov plays 2. Nf3, Fischer complains about the lighting, too many spectators and the microscopic bu ...[text shortened]... is how it ends. The media wastes a lot of money, FIDE wastes money and Bobby goes into hiding.
    First, 1...c4 is impossible. Second, if the match were to be today Kasparov would win anyways. Third, this thread is an unneccessary waste of space.
  3. 27 Mar '08 02:52
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    First, 1...c4 is impossible. Second, if the match were to be today Kasparov would win anyways. Third, this thread is an unneccessary waste of space.
    yeap
  4. 27 Mar '08 02:55
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    First, 1...c4 is impossible. Second, if the match were to be today Kasparov would win anyways. Third, this thread is an unneccessary waste of space.
    Aw, give him a break. You expect him to learn chess notation on his first day here?
  5. Standard member irontigran
    Rob Scheider is..
    27 Mar '08 03:15
    Originally posted by Mad Rook
    Aw, give him a break. You expect him to learn chess notation on his first day here?
    i disagree... look at the strength of blacks position.. there are so many traps
  6. 27 Mar '08 03:17 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by irontigran
    i disagree... look at the strength of blacks position.. there are so many traps
    [fen]rnbqkbnr/pp1ppppp/8/8/2p1P3/5N2/PPPP1PPP/RNBQKB1R w KQkq - 0 1[/fen]
    1.e3 c5 2.e4 c4 3.Nf3... but then it would be blacks turn.

    but this position is impossible with it being whites turn... and based on the FEN the position is with white to move.
  7. Standard member irontigran
    Rob Scheider is..
    27 Mar '08 03:22
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    1.e3 c5 2.e4 c4 3.Nf3... but then it would be blacks turn.

    but this position is impossible with it being whites turn... and based on the FEN the position is with white to move.
    i was more thinking along styxs thoughts- 1.e4 c4! 2nf3?! Bxh7 ep
  8. 27 Mar '08 03:26
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    1.e3 c5 2.e4 c4 3.Nf3... but then it would be blacks turn.

    but this position is impossible with it being whites turn... and based on the FEN the position is with white to move.
    1. e4 c5 2.Nf3 c4. What is impossible about that? >_>
  9. 27 Mar '08 03:29
    Originally posted by Heroic Metool
    1. e4 c5 2.Nf3 c4. What is impossible about that? >_>
    well, I WAS thinking about getting to the position in only two moves...but I obviously screwed that up when I posted my line to get to that position.
  10. 27 Mar '08 03:46
    we love to waste time , dont we ?
  11. 27 Mar '08 03:50
    the best Fischer helped by chess databases, computers, and a good professional team would win against Kasparov ... no doubt about it
  12. 27 Mar '08 03:58 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by zintieriv
    the best Fischer helped by chess databases, computers, and a good professional team would win against Kasparov ... no doubt about it
    Maybe in his prime...and then I still think Kaspi would win.
  13. 27 Mar '08 05:27
    Even if we were to argue, we would have to keep in mind that there is a different level of ches knowledge compared to then, AND there is (probably) a higher level of excelence, so comparrisons of wins vs losses would be hard to make. Regardless they were both legends of the game.

    As for my opinion, well I think Fisher is dead and Kaspi retired...so therefor this arguement is stupid and is hardly a chess, but more of a troll thread.
  14. Standard member eldragonfly
    leperchaun messiah
    27 Mar '08 18:27
    Interesting proposition.
  15. 27 Mar '08 19:26
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Maybe in his prime...and then I still think Kaspi would win.
    www.chessmetrics.com could provide interesting material about this topic.