1. Joined
    19 Mar '05
    Moves
    12 May '07 11:34
    Originally posted by z00t
    Agreed! Its good to see that there are chess players left in the Chess Forum. [b]Unfortunately the grob in Fritzie speak does not get the bull off the ice. Whilst its proponents can hide behind the fact that they are winning against people ranked more than 200-400 points below them, they should play the grob against people closer to their rating and see. Or ...[text shortened]... n 2 hour match versus your engine playing the grob and let us see the result after 6 or 8 games.[/b]
    The only reason Korch is playing the Grob against some weaker opposition is because well, in my case, I asked him if he would.
  2. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    12 May '07 20:311 edit
    Originally posted by demonseed
    The only reason Korch is playing the Grob against some weaker opposition is because well, in my case, I asked him if he would.
    The reason Korch plays the Grob against weaker opponents is because there are only 10 players ranked higher then him and 18133 ranked below him.

In my case make it 99 ranked higher and 18034 ranked lower.

It is inevitable that the majority of games will be against lower ranked opponents.
  3. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    12 May '07 22:56
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    The reason Korch plays the Grob against weaker opponents is because there are only 10 players ranked higher then him and 18133 ranked below him.

In my case make it 99 ranked higher and 18034 ranked lower.

It is inevitable that the majority of games will be against lower ranked opponents.
    DF I'm coming to getcha hide under the table. Once they fix the blitz system it will not be possible for you to hide. There will be no excuses about 15 seconds lag on your connection.

Xanthos is well hidden away in the help forum only crawling out of his hole to help newbies and then hiding again. I might have to subscribe to catch him in a tournament.
  4. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    13 May '07 01:27
    DF I'm coming to getcha hide under the table. Once they fix the blitz system it will not be possible for you to hide. There will be no excuses about 15 seconds lag on your connection.

Xanthos is well hidden away in the help forum only crawling out of his hole to help newbies and then hiding again. I might have to subscribe to catch him in a tournament.
    z00t - blitz chess shows nothing except that you can win in blitz.
  5. Standard memberhammster21
    Endgamer
    Wisconsin
    Moves
    13 May '07 05:581 edit
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    z00t - blitz chess shows nothing except that you can win in blitz.
    Over the board chess shows nothing except that you can win over the board.

correspondence chess shows nothing except that you can win in correspondence chess.

Anyone else see a pattern here?
  6. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    13 May '07 07:53
    Originally posted by hammster21
    Over the board chess shows nothing except that you can win over the board.

correspondence chess shows nothing except that you can win in correspondence chess.

Anyone else see a pattern here?
    CC and classical time controls needs more understanding of chess than blitz. For blitz you first of all need ability to move fast and not make stupid mistakes. And understanding of chess is becoming important if both players have this skill developed equally.

P.S. All of you could dicuss about it in threads about blitz.

P.P.S. If z00t wants to show how he is good in blitz, I can give him a chance and blitz with him in playchess 😀
  7. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    13 May '07 08:37
    Korch let others fight their own battles. I told you to pick an engine instead of 1500 players to boost your ego in grob games.
  8. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    13 May '07 08:452 edits
    Korch let others fight their own battles. I told you to pick an engine instead of 1500 players to boost your ego in grob games.
    Are you 1500 player? 😀 Do you afraid to lose?

Actually I`m playing with "1500 players" by 2 reasons:
    1) I need to play with them in tournament;
    2) They are asking for a game (like ih8sens and demonseed did) and I`m not so arrogant to decline it due to their lower ranking.

Also i have played Grob against engine and I had no reasons to complain about opening results - when I lost , my mistakes were in other stages of the game.
  9. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    13 May '07 09:27
    Originally posted by Korch
    Are you 1500 player? 😀 Do you afraid to lose?

Actually I`m playing with "1500 players" by 2 reasons:
    1) I need to play with them in tournament;
    2) They are asking for a game (like ih8sens and demonseed did) and I`m not so arrogant to decline it due to their lower ranking.

Also i have played Grob against engine and I had no reasons to complain about opening results - when I lost , my mistakes were in other stages of the game.
    Being a non subscriber z00t doesn't realise this.

Also I sense he is not the sort of person genuinely interested in helping others but rather just trying to knock them back.

It would be best to ignore him until he comes up with more constructive suggestions other than "You all play mickey mouse openings so I am better than you" type statements.

Grob, KGA, Morra Gambit all give good exciting chess plus I get good results so I enjoy them. Maybe next year I will work on something different but that will be when I am ready not z00t.
  10. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    13 May '07 09:38
    Being a non subscriber z00t doesn't realise this.

Also I sense he is not the sort of person genuinely interested in helping others but rather just trying to knock them back.

It would be best to ignore him until he comes up with more constructive suggestions other than "You all play mickey mouse openings so I am better than you" type statements.

...[text shortened]... Maybe next year I will work on something different but that will be when I am ready not z00t.
    But he will soon be a 2000+ player, so maybe we should listen? 😉
  11. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    13 May '07 10:09
    Originally posted by Squelchbelch
    But he will soon be a 2000+ player, so maybe we should listen? 😉
    Maybe!

After all he is "z00t! z00t! Founder of the mickey mouse, rained on chicken and headless chicken clans. New subscribers needed. Xanthos need not apply as he has life membership. Coming soon! Grob Anonymous and Padding Anonymous clans. No complementaries, admission by ticket only"

When can we join?
  12. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    13 May '07 13:171 edit

I tend to agree.

BUT - I cant simply watch how one destructive person, who have problems with logic are making categoric claims about things he does not understand.
  13. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    13 May '07 18:10
    Nice - z00t have accepted my challenge 🙂

Game 3552530
  14. Joined
    30 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 May '07 18:22
    Originally posted by Korch
    Nice - z00t have accepted my challenge 🙂

Game 3552530
    I'll keep an eye on this one 😀.
  15. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    21 May '07 07:382 edits
    Game 3545441
    Another miniature - in which my opponent played really bad. 11...Bd6?? and 18...Bxa2?? was real blunders. But anyway - in opening white got advantage after 8...Qc7?!.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree