Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 26 Mar '08 21:06 / 1 edit
    All will fear the Hammerschlag. I have proved it's worth by using it against a 1729 rated player who is just as good, if not a better player then I.

    Time control: 10/5


    [Event "RHP Blitz rated"]
    [Site "www.redhotpawn.com"]
    [Date "2008.3.26"]
    [Round "?"]
    [White "KnightStalker47"]
    [Black "aGoRessivE"]
    [Result "1-0"]

    1. f2-f3 c7-c5 2. Ke1-f2 Nb8-c6 3. e2-e3 e7-e6 4. Ng1-e2 b7-b6 5. d2-d4 Bc8-b7 6. Nb1-c3 c5xd4 7. Ne2xd4 Qd8-h4 8. g2-g3 Qh4-d8 9. Nc3-e4 Ng8-f6 10. Ne4xf6 g7xf6 11. b2-b3 Bf8-g7 12. Bc1-b2 f6-f5 13. Nd4xc6 Bb7xc6 14. Bb2xg7 Rh8-g8 15. Bg7-b2 h7-h5 16. Qd1-d6 h5-h4 17. Ra1-d1 h4xg3 18. h2xg3 Qd8-e7 19. Qd6xe7 Ke8xe7 20. c2-c4 Rg8-g6 21. Bf1-h3 Ra8-g8 22. g3-g4 f5xg4 23. Bh3xg4 f7-f5 24. Bg4-h3 Rg6-g3 25. f3-f4 Bc6xh1 26. Rd1xh1 Ke7-d6 27. Bb2-d4 Kd6-c6 28. b3-b4 d7-d5 29. c4-c5 b6xc5 30. b4xc5 Rg3-g6 31. a2-a4 Rg8-b8 32. Bh3-f1 Rb8-b4 33. Bf1-b5 Kc6-b7 34. c5-c6 Kb7-c7 35. Bd4-e5 Kc7-b6 36. c6-c7 Rg6-g8 37. Rh1-c1 a7-a6 38. Bb5-d7 Rb4-c4 39. Rc1xc4 d5xc4 40. c7-c8=Q Rg8xc8 41. Bd7xc8 Kb6-a5 42. Bc8xe6 Ka5xa4 43. Be6xc4 Ka4-b4 44. Bc4-e6 a6-a5 45. Be6xf5 a5-a4 46. e3-e4 a4-a3 47. Be5-d6 Kb4-b3 48. Bf5-e6 Kb3-b2 49. Bd6xa3 Kb2xa3 50. f4-f5 Ka3-b4 51. f5-f6 Kb4-c5 52. f6-f7 Kc5-d6 53. f7-f8=Q Kd6xe6 54. Qf8-f5 Ke6-d6 55. Kf2-e3 Kd6-e7 56. Qf5-g6 Ke7-f8 57. Qg6-h7 Kf8-e8 58. Ke3-d4 Ke8-f8 59. Kd4-e5 Kf8-e8 60. Ke5-e6 Ke8-d8 61. Qh7-d7 1-0

    Im seriously considering using this opening for all my CC games as well
  2. 26 Mar '08 21:16 / 1 edit
    Move 7 Qd8-h4 is an impossible move

    I thought at first you somehow meant a4 but that would be foolish aswell as impossible
  3. 26 Mar '08 21:34 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Pigface1
    Move 7 Qd8-h4 is an impossible move

    I thought at first you somehow meant a4 but that would be foolish aswell as impossible
    3...e7-e6 opens the path for the queen to check at h4.

    The Hammershlag has such a good phycological effect it causes people to think certain moves are impossible
  4. 26 Mar '08 21:49
    Originally posted by KnightStalker47
    3...e7-e6 opens the path for the queen to check at h4.

    The Hammershlag has such a good phycological effect it causes people to think certain moves are impossible
    haha move 2, nc6... I somehow moved the other knight thus blocking that line.... I even double checked before posting earlier and did it again it seems

    That is one odd opening, I cant help but feel a better player wouldve torn it asunder !
  5. 26 Mar '08 21:59
    Originally posted by Pigface1

    That is one odd opening, I cant help but feel a better player wouldve torn it asunder !
    Even Cmsmaster resigned on move 8 against this opening. Game 3342766

    Once you see the first few moves you realize that the opening is just too good and it is usually best to resign.
  6. 26 Mar '08 22:09
    Originally posted by KnightStalker47

    [Event "RHP Blitz rated"]
    [Site "www.redhotpawn.com"]
    [Date "2008.3.26"]
    [Round "?"]
    [White "KnightStalker47"]
    [Black "aGoRessivE"]
    [Result "1-0"]

    1. f2-f3 c7-c5 2. Ke1-f2 Nb8-c6 3. e2-e3 e7-e6 4. Ng1-e2 b7-b6 5. d2-d4 Bc8-b7 6. Nb1-c3 c5xd4 7. Ne2xd4 Qd8-h4 8. g2-g3 Qh4-d8 9. Nc3-e4 Ng8-f6 10. Ne4xf6 g7xf6 11. b2-b3 Bf8-g7 12. Bc1-b2 f6-f5 1 ...[text shortened]... g6-h7 Kf8-e8 58. Ke3-d4 Ke8-f8 59. Kd4-e5 Kf8-e8 60. Ke5-e6 Ke8-d8 61. Qh7-d7 1-0[/b]
    At first, congratulations. As I have said during the game I were no surprised for the Hammershlag. I think it's a playable opening, and it causes a huge psychological impact, making to the black to start a fast attack and change all the pieces, with the consecuence white's advantage in the endgame.

    For that I were trying to avoid the premature attack and taking some good position. 12...f5 has been a begginer's mistake I have paid with the game.Then I have had some more silly mistakes and you only have taked all of them. I mean, your victory has been more the result of the defect rather than virtue.

    Greetings.
  7. Standard member Wulebgr
    Angler
    26 Mar '08 22:11
    It works well in blitz, but if Black keeps his or her head, White is on the defensive. When Black underestimates White, problems begin. The Hammerschlag is weak, but not as weak as first appears.
  8. 26 Mar '08 22:14
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    It works well in blitz, but if Black keeps his or her head, White is on the defensive. When Black underestimates White, problems begin. The Hammerschlag is weak, but not as weak as first appears.
    I can definitely see the psychological impact of lulling your opponent into a sense of "what the hells he doing? This will be quick!" mentality, but as above I could not see this working against players who get over the initial shock of its weirdness
  9. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    26 Mar '08 22:20
    Originally posted by Pigface1
    I can definitely see the psychological impact of lulling your opponent into a sense of "what the hells he doing? This will be quick!" mentality, but as above I could not see this working against players who get over the initial shock of its weirdness
    Thread 69553
  10. 26 Mar '08 23:10 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    Thread 69553
    Ah, thanks for bringing that up, it's just more proof that the Hammerschlag is the best opening ever

    That was the thread were I first learned of the opening and after months of studying it and playing hundreds of blitz games with it, I realized it truly dominates

    I also tested the grob after viewing the "grob destroys all" thread, but I was not as successful.
  11. 26 Mar '08 23:39
    I have discovered a new opening! It combines the grob and the hammerschlag into one. First you play 1.f3, your opponent will mostly likely play 1..e5 now. Just when they think you are playing the hammerschlag, you play 2.g4!! then black does whatever(just ignore any threats they might have), then you play 3.Kf2!!

    I have a feeling that it won't be as successful as the hammerschlag...
  12. 27 Mar '08 00:46
    The Hammerschlag strikes again! This time against a 1776 rated player

    [Event "RHP Blitz rated"]
    [Site "www.redhotpawn.com"]
    [Date "2008.3.26"]
    [Round "?"]
    [White "KnightStalker47"]
    [Black "misterrigel"]
    [Result "1-0"]

    1. f2-f3 e7-e5 2. Ke1-f2 Ng8-f6 3. e2-e3 Nb8-c6 4. Ng1-e2 d7-d5 5. d2-d4 e5-e4 6. Ne2-f4 Bf8-d6 7. c2-c4 d5xc4 8. Bf1xc4 Bc8-f5 9. Nb1-c3 Bd6xf4 10. e3xf4 Nc6xd4 11. Bc1-e3 Nd4-c6 12. Qd1xd8 Ra8xd8 13. f3xe4 Nf6xe4 14. Nc3xe4 Bf5xe4 15. Rh1-e1 O-O 16. Be3xa7 b7-b6 17. Re1xe4 Nc6xa7 18. Re4-e7 Rd8-d2 19. Kf2-g3 Rd2xb2 20. Re7xc7 Na7-c8 21. Bc4xf7 Kg8-h8 22. Bf7-b3 Nc8-d6 23. Ra1-d1 Nd6-e4 24. Kg3-f3 Ne4-d2 25. Kf3-g3 Nd2xb3 26. Rd1-d7 Rf8-g8 27. a2xb3 Rb2xb3 28. Kg3-g4 h7-h6 29. h2-h4 Rb3-b5 30. f4-f5 Rb5-b4 31. Kg4-h5 Rb4-b5 32. g2-g4 Rb5-c5 33. Rc7-b7 b6-b5 34. Kh5-g6 Rc5-c6 35. Kg6-h5 Rc6-c5 36. Rb7-b6 Rc5-e5 37. Rd7-b7 Kh8-h7 38. Rb6-g6 Kh7-h8 39. Rb7-b6 Re5-e7 40. Rb6xb5 1-0
  13. 27 Mar '08 01:32
    Originally posted by KnightStalker47
    Even Cmsmaster resigned on move 8 against this opening. Game 3342766

    Once you see the first few moves you realize that the opening is just too good and it is usually best to resign.
    Hahahaha, how did you find that?!
  14. 27 Mar '08 01:38
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    Hahahaha, how did you find that?!
    I really didn't understand why you resigned.
  15. 27 Mar '08 10:46
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    Hahahaha, how did you find that?!
    yes...why did u resign?