1. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    22 Feb '13 10:01
    Originally posted by kingshill
    I'm 300 points over my FIDE rating
    I wonder why that is? I guess some people simply see more in correspondence chess.

On a completely separate and unrelated subject , has anyone here being following the story of Ivanov Borislav?
  2. Joined
    05 Nov '08
    Moves
    22 Feb '13 13:12
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Because maybe it is, duh.... Did I whip your arse before?
    I asked a simple question, no ulterior motive, and this is your response ???
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Feb '13 13:313 edits
    Originally posted by King Tiger
    RJ, just shut it. Perhaps some players on here are willing to put up with your ill humors because they are kinder than I am; however, we all know you are a charlatan. However, why is your rating 700 points higher than your USCF rate? We all know why and it's not because you use an analyze board. Your comments show a lack of understanding that your play do you have something to add to the forums, well you simply don't. You just take away from them.
    I see you have a RHP rating of 2150 with 50 games in progress. That is very impressive since, I have only 3 games going, one is a friendly unrated game, and my RHP rating is just 50 points higher than yours. So perhaps you do have a better understanding of chess than myself.

However, did you see that game where a 1500 USCF player, I believe he is rated in the 1600s now, beat Grandmaster Walter Browne? Here it is again:

Part 1
    YouTube

Part 2
    YouTube
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Feb '13 14:02
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    I wonder why that is? I guess some people simply see more in correspondence chess.

On a completely separate and unrelated subject , has anyone here being following the story of Ivanov Borislav?
    Here is a chessbase piece where he replies:

http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=8781

He says the GM's he beat made blunders. I don't know where the games are, maybe someone can analyze them for a blunder check?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Feb '13 14:35
    Originally posted by st40
    I asked a simple question, no ulterior motive, and this is your response ???
    Yes, what did you expect when I have answered that question many times before in response to cheating allegations?
  6. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    22 Feb '13 21:17
    my RHP rating is 300+ points BELOW my peak USCF OTB rating
  7. Joined
    05 Nov '08
    Moves
    22 Feb '13 23:05
    Yes, what did you expect when I have answered that question many times before in response to cheating allegations?
    I was simply hoping for an explanation so I might achieve such a feat myself
  8. Joined
    31 Mar '12
    Moves
    22 Feb '13 23:42
    I was simply hoping for an explanation so I might achieve such a feat myself
    by using pyschology ad the analysis board ? 😴
  9. Joined
    05 Nov '08
    Moves
    22 Feb '13 23:55
    Originally posted by simonwells999
    by using pyschology ad the analysis board ? 😴
    I guess we will never know as all RJ seems capable of coming up with is the equivalent of a 12 year old's "because" answer
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Feb '13 01:42
    I guess we will never know as all RJ seems capable of coming up with is the equivalent of a 12 year old's "because" answer
    My feat may not be possible for you. What is your FIDE rating?
  11. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    23 Feb '13 01:441 edit
    Christian honesty 😉

Probably getting some divine help perhaps? 😵
  12. Joined
    05 Nov '08
    Moves
    23 Feb '13 01:56
    My feat may not be possible for you. What is your FIDE rating?
    why dont you answer the question ?
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Feb '13 02:00
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    Christian honesty 😉

I see from your profile that you have only been on this site since January, so why would you doubt my reply is not being honest. Are you one to believe in rumors and prejudge others on hearsay?
  14. Joined
    15 Aug '12
    Moves
    23 Feb '13 02:18
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    Christian honesty 😉

That must be about it. No one is 700 CC points higher than their OTB rating without outside help. I don't care how well you use the analyze board feature, no one can do this.

Yes, I suppose it is possible to honestly beat a GM once IF the GM makes enough blunders. The key point being the GM makes blunders, not so much that you play so brilliant. However one could not consistently win in this manner.

However, if RJ is actually sincere and honest I suggest he posts a tutorial in a thread on his secrets on using the analyze board feature (surely they would be useful to us all). I want to play 700 CC points higher than my OTB rating! So I'm with st40 on this one!
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Feb '13 02:57
    why dont you answer the question ?
    Well, according to your profile, you have been on this site since November 2008 and so it seems that you should have read my reply to such questions before. I have detailed the fact that once I learned of the RHP analyze board and decided to get serious about increasing my rating that I stopped playing my games as if they were OTB games and began using every aid that I could find and which was allowed by RHP.

I became a paid member and began playing in tournaments to win. I was not playing for fun anymore. I used opening books and tried to play the variations that I thought would give me the best chance to win or at least draw. I checked the continuations of the openings that I was using against master games to see how they continued and how successful each side was before I made my decision as to what plan I would take. I then used the RHP analyze board to analyze each of my games ahead several moves until I was satisfied as to how I should continue.

I once corrected a problem that Hans Berliner, a World Correspondence Chess Champion had placed in a chess column that he was doing at the time. He sent me a postcard stating I was correct and he had gotten it out of an opening book and he said the analysis in there was obviously not done too well. I have always been good at mathematics and solving logical problems and, even though I am very old now, I still believe I can think logically and I am still good at analyzing. My thinking has always been slow, but sure, if I have enough time.

My highest OTB rating was 1817 when I stopped playing chess in July 1982 after competing in the World Open. So if your FIDE rating is no more than that, then I see from your profile page that you acheived about 400 RHP rating points higher with your 2200+ RHP rating that you had at one time. Then in order to equal my feat of 700 RHP rating points higher tha your present FIDE rating you will have to lose enough games to get you down to the 1500+ FIDE rating level. I accomplished this by playing OTB again at two chess clubs which played rated games at faster time control than I had played to gain my 1800+ USCF rating in 1982. Since I am not a quick thinker, it gives an advantage to those that have their openings memorized, since I had not tried to memorize openings since before I quit playing in 1982.

So If you wish more information, perhaps you should review any of my posts on here in the past, because I do not wish to keep repeating myself. But good luck if you wish to top my feat. At least now you should know how you should go about it. Let's hope your FIDE rating was never too high or it may be much more difficult for you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree