He was at mate in 2 and instead of resigning

He was at mate in 2 and instead of resigning

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C
Pawn Grubber

a2-g8 diagonal

Moves
25 Oct 07

Originally posted by range blasts
Ben, although its probably not the nicest or the best thing to have timed you out, but havent you ever wanted badly to beat a 1700 or something?!

maybe thats what its all about!
Hey, Ben is a changed player because of the life changing advice on this thread. Read his profile, he is no longer a win-at-all-costs player, now he's singing about rainbows & crap. It is so heartwarming when a site like this can change a life 🙄

d

Moves
25 Oct 07

Off the subject slightly, how do you make those smiley faces!! :-)

r

Tony, kiss mine!

Moves
25 Oct 07

Originally posted by Chipotle
Hey, Ben is a changed player because of the life changing advice on this thread. Read his profile, he is no longer a win-at-all-costs player, now he's singing about rainbows & crap. It is so heartwarming when a site like this can change a life 🙄
oh good gravy...
kid's doomed!

A

Moves
25 Oct 07

Originally posted by ben mossberg
Game id 3924207

Unbelievable,

I had played Gaskit into a position where he was to be mated in 2 moves and then over the course of the weekend he took advantage of a time out opportunity and claimed a victory. I had been expecting to see his resignation. There was zero opportunity for him to avoid a loss, other than through the very unsportsmanli ...[text shortened]... her when you have been fairly beaten.
[fen]8/1R6/p2N3p/k6p/8/2p5/PPP2PPP/6K1 w - - 0 35[/fen]
Look, I agree that it was unsportman like.
But, at the same time, it was your fault he got the opportunity.

r

Tony, kiss mine!

Moves
25 Oct 07

Originally posted by Arachnarchist
Look, I agree that it was unsportman like.
But, at the same time, it was your fault he got the opportunity.
we've moved on, bub.

p

Moves
26 Oct 07

Still going.

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
27 Oct 07
1 edit

Originally posted by davidgrayson
Off the subject slightly, how do you make those smiley faces!! :-)
Like this

🙂😀😉😛😕😠😳🙁:'(😞😏😵😲🙄😴

😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

b
Best Loser

Traxler is Sound!

Moves
27 Oct 07

Originally posted by Mctayto
Like this

🙂😀😉😛😕😠😳🙁:'(😞😏😵😲🙄😴

😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀
ya know.. we let our little feud fade there...

I hate you 😛.

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
27 Oct 07

Originally posted by ih8sens
ya know.. we let our little feud fade there...

I hate you 😛.
feud ?? Waste my time feuding with someone so loved that they have been unable to recruit a single member to their clan 😛 me thinks not 😛

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
29 Oct 07

Originally posted by ben mossberg
Don't get what?
I have a feeling you are the one who is not getting it.
I have to wonder what sort of day you must have had that caused you to start name calling.

Anyhow as per my original and only intent with this thread.
I got what I wanted.

Thanks to all of you for your responses, vitriolic or otherwise. Exposure is exposure after all.
Ben, how could i state this in a way that you will comprehend? It looks rather shaky, but i will give it a try.

*clears throat*

Something tells me you have no "street" smarts... please prove me wrong..if you dare.

Now then...You threaten, you cajole, you brag...and then you lose! And easily within perfectly understandable constraints of fair play and online play. And then you bellyache, all over a loss on a very active realtime chess-playing gamesite. At least i didn't call you a coward and a hypocrite. For that you should be thankful.

p

Moves
31 Oct 07

Originally posted by eldragonfly
Ben, how could i state this in a way that you will comprehend? It looks rather shaky, but i will give it a try.

*clears throat*

Something tells me you have no "street" smarts... please prove me wrong..if you dare.

Now then...You threaten, you cajole, you brag...and then you lose! And easily within perfectly understandable constraints of fair pl ...[text shortened]... mesite. At least i didn't call you a coward and a hypocrite. For that you should be thankful.
Agreed

t

Moves
31 Oct 07

Originally posted by Mctayto
feud ?? Waste my time feuding with someone so loved that they have been unable to recruit a single member to their clan 😛 me thinks not 😛
Once I change my lifestyle(probably never going to happen) and pay for a subscription(also probably never going to happen) or get someone else to do it(very likely) I will join his clan!

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
31 Oct 07

Originally posted by tomtom232
Once I change my lifestyle(probably never going to happen) and pay for a subscription(also probably never going to happen) or get someone else to do it(very likely) I will join his clan!
I guess you support all worthless causes 🙂

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
31 Oct 07

Originally posted by pimpsandwich
Agreed
i think that is a bit too harsh.

p

Moves
01 Nov 07