He was at mate in 2 and instead of resigning

He was at mate in 2 and instead of resigning

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
17 Oct 07

All games have time controls OTB & CC chess, if a flag falls OTB or a skull appears CC then we have a winner and a loser as both parties consented to the rules prior to the first move - end of story

p

Moves
18 Oct 07

Originally posted by Mctayto
All games have time controls OTB & CC chess, if a flag falls OTB or a skull appears CC then we have a winner and a loser as both parties consented to the rules prior to the first move - end of story
It should have been the end about 95 post ago, but the whining continues.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
18 Oct 07

Originally posted by Mctayto
All games have time controls OTB & CC chess, if a flag falls OTB
What does OTB mean?

J

Cavan, Ireland

Moves
18 Oct 07

Originally posted by ben mossberg
Game id 3924207

Unbelievable,

I had played Gaskit into a position where he was to be mated in 2 moves and then over the course of the weekend he took advantage of a time out opportunity and claimed a victory. I had been expecting to see his resignation. There was zero opportunity for him to avoid a loss, other than through the very unsportsmanli ...[text shortened]... her when you have been fairly beaten.
[fen]8/1R6/p2N3p/k6p/8/2p5/PPP2PPP/6K1 w - - 0 35[/fen]
rules are rules mate
if you find yourself in this situation claim your win

p

Moves
19 Oct 07

You got served!

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
19 Oct 07

That makes me think the skull is to be thought of as a utility for ending games that are being needlessly extended.
Not for grabbing a win in an otherwise losing situation.

Call me crazy.
You're crazy. 🙄

p

Moves
19 Oct 07

Maybe he should change his name to Ben Dover.

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
19 Oct 07

Originally posted by DeepGreene
I'm not one who thinks that my win:loss ratio means anything or that even my rating means anything much--except that a higher rating makes for better opponents. But c'mon... A little competitive spirit means caring just a bit, no?
Wrong. If a time limit is agreed to, then it should be expected that your opponent will time you out if given the opportunity. 😛 😲

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
19 Oct 07

You should really look up what an Ad Hominem attack is. Because you have clearly misunderstood it.

If I were saying that your argument is invalid because you are a cheater, then that would be an ad hominem attack.

As it stands I have done no such thing. If I were to call you a jerk or a lemonseller or a douche bag, none of those would be ad homien attacks either. They would just be name calling.

I look forward to your apology.
🙄🙄🙄

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
19 Oct 07

Originally posted by pimpsandwich
Unfortunately within a week or two this same type of post will reappear. The battle between reality and whining will continue and nothing will be solved. Maybe the admins could add a pop-up whenever someone chooses a 1/0 games that states that by accepting this game the user forfeits all rights to bitching about timeouts.
We have a winner! 😉

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
19 Oct 07

In reply to the general consensus that if a skull appears you should click it as fast as you can and scoop the win, and in fact it is actually kind of stupid to not do so.

If going over the denoted time really should be an automatic loss, then ask yourself, why is there a skull?
Obviously so whining dull-minded macaroons like you can endlessly bitch over losing an online game. And your opponent had every right to skull you and claim a victory, you still don't get it. 😕

STS

Moves
19 Oct 07

Game id 3924207

Unbelievable,

I had played Gaskit into a position where he was to be mated in 2 moves and then over the course of the weekend he took advantage of a time out opportunity and claimed a victory. I had been expecting to see his resignation. There was zero opportunity for him to avoid a loss, other than through the very unsportsmanli ...[text shortened]... her when you have been fairly beaten.
[fen]8/1R6/p2N3p/k6p/8/2p5/PPP2PPP/6K1 w - - 0 35[/fen]
I just have to look at the game again and get a good chuckle. How could you let that happen? Of Course the guy is gonna click on the skull and laugh like hell. I would.

d

Moves
19 Oct 07

In reply to the general consensus that if a skull appears you should click it as fast as you can and scoop the win, and in fact it is actually kind of stupid to not do so.

I would put forth the question. Why then is there a skull?
If the skull was meant to be used as a way to win a game, rather than a way to clear out a match which after review and ...[text shortened]... the denoted time really should be an automatic loss, then ask yourself, why is there a skull?
The skull is NOT an invitation to chat about it.

It is there so the opponent, if he wants, can claim a win on time. It's not so he can ASK you if it's okay to claim a win on time. It's his choice, not yours. The world doesn't revolve around you. Get over it.

(You would probably think that a NO PARKING sign means everybody has to reserve the space for you.)

DD
Stealer of Souls

Waiting for You

Moves
20 Oct 07

Originally posted by dpressnell
The skull is NOT an invitation to chat about it.

It is there so the opponent, if he wants, can claim a win on time. It's not so he can ASK you if it's okay to claim a win on time. It's his choice, not yours. The world doesn't revolve around you. Get over it.

(You would probably think that a NO PARKING sign means everybody has to reserve the space for you.)
Let's get a forum moderator to finally close this thread which should have been closed about 100+ posts ago!

r

Tony, kiss mine!

Moves
20 Oct 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Dutch Defense
[b]Let's get a forum moderator to finally close this thread which should have been closed about 100+ posts ago![/b]
135 posts ago, to be exact
😏