1. Standard memberMathurine
    sorozatgyilkos
    leölés ellenfeleim
    Moves
    09 Jan '07 05:06
    I lose a lot of games, largely through horrid mistakes. I have always learnt much from studying the games of truly great players, though.

What can I learn from these two matches, I wonder?

the hard-fought:

Game 1503321

and the impressive:

Game 1503327

???

I'd really like to improve my rating. If this be the way forward, perhaps even I have a chance.

Thoughts, members???
  2. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    09 Jan '07 05:08
    What happened on those games????????????? 😕
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jan '07 05:091 edit
    Originally posted by Mathurine
    [b]I lose a lot of games, largely through horrid mistakes. I have always learnt much from studying the games of truly great players, though.

the hard-fought:

Game 1503321

and the impressive:

Game 1503327

???

I'd really like to improve my rating. If this be the way forward, perhaps even I have a chance.

Thoughts, members???
    [/b]
    those 2 games don't count since the game has not progressed for 3 turns
  4. Standard memberMathurine
    sorozatgyilkos
    leölés ellenfeleim
    Moves
    09 Jan '07 05:10
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    What happened on those games????????????? 😕
    I wish I could play chess at this level...
  5. washington
    Moves
    09 Jan '07 05:13
    maybe they just didn't want to play each other. you know the status of each of them is much higher if they dont play and one gets a win over the other.
  6. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    09 Jan '07 05:141 edit
    Originally posted by Von Bardeleben
    those 2 games don't count since the game has not progressed for 3 turns
    I don't think it says so on the rules. I don't remember it and i did a quick check and i saw nothing toconfirm that...

Edit: Too much text on the first go
  7. Standard memberHomerJSimpson
    Renouned Grob Killer
    Moves
    09 Jan '07 05:162 edits
    FAQ

What happens if my opponents stop playing?
    Occasionally this does happen. If it is within three moves (remember moves are counted in pairs) you can simply delete the game. You will not be able to claim the win as the game is too immature.
  8. Standard memberMathurine
    sorozatgyilkos
    leölés ellenfeleim
    Moves
    09 Jan '07 05:18
    Originally posted by kmac27
    maybe they just didn't want to play each other. you know the status of each of them is much higher if they dont play and one gets a win over the other.
    Why don't we just throw the pieces out of the window and not bother playing chess any more?

After all, if this is how the 'top' players behave, what on earth is to become of the rest of us?

Sorry to rock the boat here...
  9. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    09 Jan '07 05:23
    Originally posted by HomerJSimpson
    FAQ

What happens if my opponents stop playing?
    Occasionally this does happen. If it is within three moves (remember moves are counted in pairs) you can simply delete the game. You will not be able to claim the win as the game is too immature.
    I already had games deleted on me and there was no sign of the messege "whichever colour wins"...
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jan '07 05:251 edit
    I already had games deleted on me and there was no sign of the messege "whichever colour wins"...
    the side can resign without lose any rating
    Game 2732344
  11. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    09 Jan '07 05:27
    the side can resign without lose any rating
    Game 2732344
    Sorry if i'm missing the obvious and i don't want to be a nag, but where does it say the neither side lost points?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jan '07 05:52
    Sorry if i'm missing the obvious and i don't want to be a nag, but where does it say the neither side lost points?
    why don't you check incub's rating history, click on each single of the green bars?
  13. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    09 Jan '07 06:02
    why don't you check incub's rating history, click on each single of the green bars?
    i didn't do that for two reasons:
    1- I'm not thinking they did that for some special reason, i jus t find it odd..
    2-the ratings aren't immediattely freshed after a game, on the green bars that is. At least mine aren't(or don´t seem to be).So if the game is recent i can't seem to know nothing about it. Plus, i didn't see no dates in the game you provided so if the game is a past one how can anyone check it? :s
    Once again I'm say nothing about nobody's game. I'm new in here and know nothing about this. I just find odd stopping games like that...
  14. Standard memberDies Irae
    I Love U
    LaLa Land
    Moves
    09 Jan '07 08:03
    Nah, I've deleted a bunch of games, but they don't show up in my games as resigned, there is a difference between resigning and hitting the trash can icon
  15. Joined
    07 Mar '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '07 10:26
    Originally posted by Mathurine
    [b]I lose a lot of games, largely through horrid mistakes. I have always learnt much from studying the games of truly great players, though.

the hard-fought:

Game 1503321

and the impressive:

Game 1503327

???

Thoughts, members???
    [/b]
    The reason why Akizy resign those games was probably because he/she plays a very limited amounts of games on this site and that the gameload got to big. Instead he/she resigned all his games in that tournament at an early stages when they didn´t affect his/her rating.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree