1. Joined
    26 May '02
    Moves
    09 Jan '07 10:322 edits
    Originally posted by Mathurine
    [b]I lose a lot of games, largely through horrid mistakes. I have always learnt much from studying the games of truly great players, though.

What can I learn from these two matches, I wonder?

the hard-fought:

Game 1503321

and the impressive:

Game 1503327

???

I'd really like to improve my rating. If this be the way forward, perhaps even I have a chance.

Thoughts, members???
    [/b]
    What happened there is that Akizy resigned all his games in round 2 of the tournament in order to cut down on his game load. He resigned before any moves had been played so that he wouldn't lose any rating points.

I would have preferred to have played the games. I'm sure Xanthos, Quirine, David G and his other opponents would also have preferred to play.

It always surprises and disappoints me when an intelligent and capable person has to resort to resigning a bunch of games in order to manage their game load.

Edit - whilst I was writing this NicklasPersson posted a similar explanation.
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    09 Jan '07 10:41
    Originally posted by David Tebb
    It always surprises and disappoints me when an intelligent and capable person has to resort to resigning a bunch of a games in order to manage their game load.
    There isn't a mechanism to withdraw from a tournament once you've entered it. Resigning at the start of the next round is the only way to do it without rating penalty.

Remembering that a new round for a tournament can start at any time within a couple of years of you first joining the tournament, your game requirements may be very different than when you joined the tournament in the first place.

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree