1. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    04 Jun '07 04:34
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/core/playertable.php?col=8&state=asc&page=1

Moves this month -> sort and Rating.

There is a thrend excluding the odd ppl here and there (higher rated players) but the message is pretty clear.

I see ItsyouthatIadore is still up there. Very strong player. He should have a much higher rating if he just buckles down and stops getting timed out.
  2. Joined
    05 Feb '06
    Moves
    04 Jun '07 07:03
    Originally posted by RahimK
    Low quality moves perhaps?
    Or maybe on the verge of a divorce.🙄
  3. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    04 Jun '07 14:04
    unemployment
  4. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    04 Jun '07 14:07
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    unemployment
    Or if they are still employed, they are likely to become unemployed very soon. 😉
  5. Hainesport, NJ, USA
    Moves
    04 Jun '07 15:10
    Higher rated players can play more games because they see fewer attractive moves on the chessboard. When you are a beginner, you are overwhelmed by the numerous possibilities in the position. As you gradually get better, you eliminate all the clunkers automatically and focus on only two or three real possibilites. And the more you play, the quicker you see those possibilities. That's why a grandmaster can play a hundred games at a simul and come out with a pretty good record, even tho he spends seconds at each board. There are, of course lower rated players, who take on a hundred or more games at RHP. And if they lose a game, they shrug their shoulders and move on to the next game. They see, maybe, fifteen possiblities at the board and in their mind they just roll the dice and pick one. Frequently it's a clunker. You should only play enough games to stay in your 'comfort zone." Where you can win at least half the games. If you are losing more than half you should reduce the number of games and spend more time with each one. At least this is my explanation.
  6. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    04 Jun '07 21:14
    Originally posted by buddy2
    Higher rated players can play more games because they see fewer attractive moves on the chessboard. When you are a beginner, you are overwhelmed by the numerous possibilities in the position. As you gradually get better, you eliminate all the clunkers automatically and focus on only two or three real possibilites. And the more you play, the quicker you see ...[text shortened]... uce the number of games and spend more time with each one. At least this is my explanation.
    Excellent!
  7. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    04 Jun '07 21:27
    Part of those 100 moves are playing other fast movers. rchilcott (I think I spelled that right) and I just played 12 book moves in two games in about two hours. In the meantime, I also did some work and moved in other games.
  8. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 22:29
    Originally posted by d36366
    I thought I played a lot (my wife also agrees) but some of my opponents have literally hundreds of games on the go, and play upwards of 100 moves a day. Even if you have nothing else keeping you busy, how do you manage this? Also, you can't be spending much time on your moves. If you play 10 hours a day 100 moves is still only 6 minutes per move - I know some ...[text shortened]... ". Wouldn't you get more out of it if you reduced your game load and took it a bit slower?
    If you played 280 games with a 28/?? limit you would only need to make 10 moves a day. In fact if your opponents also moved slowly you could increase it to 560 games and at 5 minutes a move play good chess in less than an hour a day.
  9. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 23:35
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    If you played 280 games with a 28/?? limit you would only need to make 10 moves a day. In fact if your opponents also moved slowly you could increase it to 560 games and at 5 minutes a move play good chess in less than an hour a day.
    We are talking about moves per day and not games in progress

😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree