Moves
    27 Jun '08 08:52
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Can't we play on here?

They should do that. Set up a competition for Engine Users v
    Engine users. NO HUMANS ALLOWED.

I'll get back to you on this. Will see my publisher tell them I want to
    review Rybka, they will get me a copy. I'll set it to play itself at
    10 minute games. I'll memorise it's win/losses and then take it on.

I'll win and put t ...[text shortened]... e.
    This was mid 1970's.

Little Fish - I like that. Little Fish it is from now on.
    On here as in the blitz room? Its much easier on playchess since then you can play the engine direct without me having to make its moves for it.
  2. e4
    Moves
    27 Jun '08 09:39
    Oh!

Wait - does that not mean engine users can cheat very easily.

I play blitz here and on uchess.com at 4 mins no increase.
    thinking this will deter EU's because they have to double entry.

Though to be honest I've not suspected any use.
  3. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '08 12:591 edit
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Oh!

Wait - does that not mean engine users can cheat very easily.

I play blitz here and on uchess.com at 4 mins no increase.
    thinking this will deter EU's because they have to double entry.

Though to be honest I've not suspected any use.
    No, they have seperate rooms for engines and humans, but you could join the engine room and play an engine if you so wished. They do from time to time allow engines to play in the main human area. Its not uncommon to see GMs and top blitz players try their luck against the engines in blitz chess.

On cheat detection the barriers in place on playchess to stop cheats go a long way past anything uchess.com could offer.
  4. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '08 13:08

Raffael is strongly suspected to be Kasparov....although im not that convinced, but either way its a top GM beating H10 in a blitz game. Im too lazy to search for more but they are probably on the net if you look 🙂
  5. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    27 Jun '08 14:19
    On another site Raffael listed his name as Garry Kasparaov. He also listed various personal details (date of birth etc) that were the same as Kapsarov's. I don't think he realised those details were on public view until he started getting messages asking if he was Kasparov, requests for games etc. The details were vanished shortly after that started. The real Garry Kasparov? I haven't a clue.
  6. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '08 14:22
    Originally posted by Kepler
    On another site Raffael listed his name as Garry Kasparaov. He also listed various personal details (date of birth etc) that were the same as Kapsarov's. I don't think he realised those details were on public view until he started getting messages asking if he was Kasparov, requests for games etc. The details were vanished shortly after that started. The real Garry Kasparov? I haven't a clue.
    His play on playchess seems to be far too positional to be Kasparov, theres none of the sacrificing material for initiative that tends to mark Kasparov's play.....but what I do know 🙂

Did the Raffael on the other site go on to play to the standards of a top GM?
  7. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    27 Jun '08 19:09
    Originally posted by Bedlam
    His play on playchess seems to be far too positional to be Kasparov, theres none of the sacrificing material for initiative that tends to mark Kasparov's play.....but what I do know 🙂

There are rumours that Raffael is Korchhoi
  8. Joined
    21 Jun '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '08 20:02
    Honestly, I can hardly believe he is Korchnoi. Korchnoi's results at blitz are comparatively poor ( see this year's pivdenny blitz cup in Ukraine) while Raffael is without a doubt one of the very best blitzers in the world unless the best one.
    What I'm excited about is playchess.com admins seem to know who he is, or how else would he have got the Top GM rank at the server?
  9. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    27 Jun '08 20:041 edit

He plays much better than I do I can tell you that much. Whether that is top GM standard is another matter. I suspect it all depends on the opposition he is facing. As to the lack of sacrifices, maybe he is mellowing with age?
  10. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '08 20:23
    Originally posted by Korch
    There are rumours that Raffael is Korchhoi
    To be honest I think its Peter Svidler, its his style of chess. I dont think its Korchnoi, Raffael is really able to hold his own with the very best in the world.
  11. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '08 20:24
    He plays much better than I do I can tell you that much. Whether that is top GM standard is another matter. I suspect it all depends on the opposition he is facing. As to the lack of sacrifices, maybe he is mellowing with age?
    Hes been on playchess for quite a bit at least before Kasparov had retired so I suspect not.
  12. Joined
    23 May '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '08 20:27
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    This certainly does not seem a GM level game.

What was the point of the first half dozen moves?
    To make sure the Knights were working properly.
  13. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    27 Jun '08 20:34
    To be honest I think its Peter Svidler, its his style of chess. I dont think its Korchnoi, Raffael is really able to hold his own with the very best in the world.
    Which begs the question why he put Kasparov's details in his profile. I suppose it could be someone else pretending to be Raffael pretending to be Kasparov. Whatever the truth of the matter, he only played on the other site for a couple of months (April and May I think), reached a high rating and then stopped, letting a bunch of games time out.
  14. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '08 21:42
    Which begs the question why he put Kasparov's details in his profile. I suppose it could be someone else pretending to be Raffael pretending to be Kasparov. Whatever the truth of the matter, he only played on the other site for a couple of months (April and May I think), reached a high rating and then stopped, letting a bunch of games time out.
    I guess it would be someone pretending to be Kasparov pretending to be Raffael, during the San Luis games Gary Kasparov and Raffael were logged into playchess at the same time, it could be an elaborate hoax to stir up more drama but that doesnt seem like something they'd do.

Which site did Raffael join and play on?
  15. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    27 Jun '08 21:45
    I guess it would be someone pretending to be Kasparov pretending to be Raffael, during the San Luis games Gary Kasparov and Raffael were logged into playchess at the same time, it could be an elaborate hoax to stir up more drama but that doesnt seem like something they'd do.

Which site did Raffael join and play on?
    chess.com. I played him twice and got flattened twice.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree