1. Joined
    31 May '07
    Moves
    19 Sep '08 06:37
    I used to get annoyed at the people who would pretend they'd gone somewhere, and so lose on time. EG, they are one move away from being mated, and suddenly let their time run down, and don't speak in the chat box.

WCN had a nice feature where you could give your opponent time. I used to do other stuff at the same time as chess, so could afford to give a good half hour in these cases, saying in the chatbox "Oh have you gone somewhere? I'll give you some time so we can carry on when you're back 🙂"
    Usually, they just resigned, was very pleasing.
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    19 Sep '08 21:021 edit
    Originally posted by doodinthemood
    I used to get annoyed at the people who would pretend they'd gone somewhere, and so lose on time. EG, they are one move away from being mated, and suddenly let their time run down, and don't speak in the chat box.

WCN had a nice feature where you could give your opponent time. I used to do other stuff at the same time as chess, so could afford to gi e so we can carry on when you're back 🙂"
    Usually, they just resigned, was very pleasing.
    ICC has the 'moretime' feature too - great for making hate-waiters suffer.
  3. Joined
    10 Sep '08
    Moves
    20 Sep '08 01:53
    I suppose there are people like this where ever you go. I recently lost a game to a National Master Candidate who, after the game, had the nerve to tell me I needed to study opening theory. Unsolicited complaints are rather irritating. On the bright side we met again soon after and had a match to 6 games which I won quite handily (6-0). I had to bite my tongue when he lost his last game in the opening!
  4. Standard memberMathurine
    sorozatgyilkos
    leölés ellenfeleim
    Moves
    20 Sep '08 08:27
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    I laugh at the guys who are getting hammered - have 20 seconds
    left on their clock and suddenly say "Got to go - sorry."
    That's pretty much my experience, too.....

I still enjoy the blitz microsite, though.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree