1. The sky
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 21:18
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    Its against against the rules of fair play not to offer a draw if you only have 2 Rooks against a Rook, isn't it?
    In the name of fun, the player with two rooks should sacrifice one of them.
  2. Standard memberDiet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    Sidmouth, Uk
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 21:19
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    In the name of fun, the player with two rooks should sacrifice one of them.
    For the other players rook.
  3. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 21:20

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 22:13
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    The side with 1 Rook should then make 50 pointless moves chasing the King about the board and then complain that the player with no Rooks who used to have 2 Rooks has not yet resigned.
  5. Joined
    11 Sep '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 02:51
    The side with 1 Rook should then make 50 pointless moves chasing the King about the board and then complain that the player with no Rooks who used to have 2 Rooks has not yet resigned.
    Well he did just chase a loophole. He should have been playing chess the right way by resigning!
  6. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 04:48
    No, I mean the sort of position where the 2 Rooks are disconnected and the weaker king is in a "bad" position.

For example, in this position with white to move he can check the king indefinately.

[fen]5R1K/3r4/4k3/8/8/6r1/8/8[/fen]
    the thread asks if it's likely to happen, it's unlikely that that position would arise (if it does, then white should be hit in the head by a 2x4...or given an endgame book...)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree