Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 19 Nov '12 14:44
    hey if theres any online no download free chess learner post it here please.
  2. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    19 Nov '12 14:52
    Originally posted by Elij mathr
    hey if theres any online no download free chess learner post it here please.
    http://tacticstime.com/
  3. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    19 Nov '12 15:11
    Originally posted by Elij mathr
    hey if theres any online no download free chess learner post it here please.
    I too would like to find a website that learns chess, maybe after it learns the game it could teach me.
  4. Subscriber Marinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    19 Nov '12 15:35
    www.chesstempo.com

    I visit daily and 20-50 puzzles, your tactical vision and calculation will sharpen up very rapidly. Be sure to analyse the problems you get wrong though..
  5. 19 Nov '12 15:45
    Originally posted by Elij mathr
    hey if theres any online no download free chess learner post it here please.
    FICS has something called the lecture bot, its pretty good for learning.
  6. 19 Nov '12 18:59
    ty
  7. 19 Nov '12 19:04
    if anyone has any cool moves on here that you would like to post please put it in here incase if anyones new we can show them different moves and stuff ty i will also post my moves too.
  8. 19 Nov '12 19:59
    Www.chessvideo.tv has training videos and various training tools that you can use for free.

    Welcome to the site, by the way.
  9. 19 Nov '12 22:56 / 1 edit
    Youtube has plenty of videos of beginners stuff, as well as plenty of full videos of GM games. A user called 'thechesswebsite', who also has a site called.... uhm.... thechesswebsite.com, has some good videos that explain the principles behind various openings, which I've found useful.
  10. Subscriber 64squaresofpain On Vacation
    The drunk knight
    19 Nov '12 23:00
    Originally posted by IDrinkYourMilkshake
    Youtube has plenty of videos of beginners stuff, as well as plenty of full videos of GM games. A user called 'thechesswebsite', who also has a site called.... uhm.... thechesswebsite.com, has some good videos that explain the principles behind various openings, which I've found useful.
    Yeah I can vouch for this, and also Daniel King's powerplaychess is also a pretty good channel.
    I watch all of his videos when he analyses key games from big tournaments.
  11. 20 Nov '12 01:18
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    Www.chessvideo.tv has training videos and various training tools that you can use for free.
    I find that the up/down scroll bar is not working on the page for "puzzle of the day."'

    Anybody else? Maybe my computer is just having a bad day?
  12. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    20 Nov '12 01:44
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
    I find that the up/down scroll bar is not working on the page for "puzzle of the day."'

    Anybody else? Maybe my computer is just having a bad day?
    It happened to me too. I figured you have to be a member. I don't know what the problem is. But I figured out the puzzle anyway.
  13. 20 Nov '12 14:52
    thanks everyone (:
  14. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    24 Nov '12 01:57
    Originally posted by Elij mathr
    if anyone has any cool moves on here that you would like to post please put it in here incase if anyones new we can show them different moves and stuff ty i will also post my moves too.
    23. R(c)c7!?
  15. Donation ketchuplover
    G.O.A.T.
    24 Nov '12 08:06
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    23. R(c)c7!?
    brilliant!!!