24 Jul '10 02:25
    Looking for opponents under 1000
  2. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 02:49
    Hi Linda,

It looks like you currently have all 6 of your game slots occupied, but when you have a spot free, you can place a game invitation in the "open invites" section, and limit access to it to players who are under 1000.

Good luck in your journey!

Paul
  3. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 03:39
    Originally posted by Linda1941
    A side note, if you want to improve your play I highly recommend the program Chessmaster. I believe the latest is the 10th addition, but any of the Chessmaster programs are spectacular for brand new beginners through intermediate players.
  4. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 07:03
    The newest version of chessmaster is the grandmaster edition. Personally, I find the Waitzkin academy a little lacking, but I haven't gotten to the endgame section yet so I'll save my final judgment until then.
  5. Joined
    20 Jul '10
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 07:201 edit
    I thought the latest version was "I'm Josh Waitzkin and chess got hard when my natural ability ran into other players with the same natural talent so I quit chess instead of working harder to be at the top, now I do stupid martial arts and I am really skinny and lame"

I could be wrong though...Not likely.
  6. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 13:18
    Originally posted by gorookyourself
    I thought the latest version was "I'm Josh Waitzkin and chess got hard when my natural ability ran into other players with the same natural talent so I quit chess instead of working harder to be at the top, now I do stupid martial arts and I am really skinny and lame"

I could be wrong though...Not likely.
    Ouch! Why so harsh on the guy?
  7. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 13:20
    Originally posted by amolv06
    The newest version of chessmaster is the grandmaster edition. Personally, I find the Waitzkin academy a little lacking, but I haven't gotten to the endgame section yet so I'll save my final judgment until then.
    BTW, have you played it on the highest possible level "Chessmaster"?

Holy crap how long does it take for it to make a move? I literally have gotten too impatient to find out.
  8. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 13:512 edits
    Originally posted by Linda1941
    Ask to join the beginners' club. Go to the clubs section of the site and ask to be admitted as a member. club leader: CanadaScotsman

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree