lost positions

lost positions

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
02 Feb 08

Originally posted by Fat Lady
I'm used to people not resigning in online games, but a few days ago a strong player did it against me in an over-the-board league game, which is much more unusual. I had a knight and five pawns against his bishop and two. He had no drawing chances whatsoever - my three extra pawns were all connected and passed, my king was centralised and I had plenty of t ...[text shortened]... ry moves calmly without any tutting noises or other such nonsense and eventually he did resign.
Yes. Yesterday I was in a lightning tournament and a guy played an illegal move (forcing his resignation), but he looked so disheartened I thought I'd let him play on.
He was very friendly after the game as I was the opponent who was not condescending, and indeed wiped off the board the insulting ones.

J

Moves
02 Feb 08

it's up to you lot to get real, you are not going to go on a pay chess site unless you are at least decent, there are lots of free sites for beginners, my main point is, if you are the last game in a league and lost, lets say king and rook v king, say it's mate in about 15 in the 7 day league with an average of days days for the 2 ply, thats avout 6x14 which is 78 which is just under 2.5 months

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
02 Feb 08

Originally posted by Jerzynek
I am not a subscriber, this site has the best league i've found but on this site sooooooooo many people carry on in stupidly lost posotions, it's meant to be correspondence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When you first go on the main site page it shows 3 games, every now and then it shows something stupid like k+q v k, why not have 3 high standard games??????????
Also ...[text shortened]... k+q+r+pawn on 7th v k, all this is soooooooooo off putting for even a bog standard club player
Only subscribers can comment on and complain about subscriber only options.

Non subscribers views on subscriber only options are totally irrelevant.

A player so far ahead on material can easily become overconfident and make a silly move which results in stalemate.

C
NUTTING BUSTER

Baseball Purgatory

Moves
02 Feb 08

Originally posted by Jerzynek
I am not a subscriber, this site has the best league i've found but on this site sooooooooo many people carry on in stupidly lost posotions, it's meant to be correspondence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When you first go on the main site page it shows 3 games, every now and then it shows something stupid like k+q v k, why not have 3 high standard games??????????
Also ...[text shortened]... k+q+r+pawn on 7th v k, all this is soooooooooo off putting for even a bog standard club player
Congratulations, you're the one millionth poster to start a thread on this subject!!

Johnny, tell him what he's won😞

😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴