1. Joined
    22 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '08 00:34
    I am not a subscriber, this site has the best league i've found but on this site sooooooooo many people carry on in stupidly lost posotions, it's meant to be correspondence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    When you first go on the main site page it shows 3 games, every now and then it shows something stupid like k+q v k, why not have 3 high standard games??????????
    Also I noticed the last game to finish in the 3 day timeout league (just finished) was a DIVISION 1 game which was k+q+r+pawn on 7th v k, all this is soooooooooo off putting for even a bog standard club player
  2. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '08 00:36

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    02 Feb '08 00:38
    Originally posted by Jerzynek
    I am not a subscriber, this site has the best league i've found but on this site sooooooooo many people carry on in stupidly lost posotions, it's meant to be correspondence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    When you first go on the main site page it shows 3 games, every now and then it shows something stupid like k+q v k, why not have 3 high standard games??????????
    Also ...[text shortened]... k+q+r+pawn on 7th v k, all this is soooooooooo off putting for even a bog standard club player
    the higher skill you are, the better chance you dont have to play these positions..
  4. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    02 Feb '08 00:42
    Originally posted by irontigran
    the higher skill you are, the better chance you dont have to play these positions..
    If they had mated sooner they would not have found themselves in these positions
  5. Joined
    22 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '08 00:55
    in the 3 day clan league you had 6x56=336 players that finished the season, say you have 60 teams next season, 60x6=360, the new season was delayed (not including current site problems) by a DIVISION 1 player carrying on in a stupid possotion
  6. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    02 Feb '08 01:13
    in the 3 day clan league you had 6x56=336 players that finished the season, say you have 60 teams next season, 60x6=360, the new season was delayed (not including current site problems) by a DIVISION 1 player carrying on in a stupid possotion
    Maybe so but it is his/her right to do so
  7. Joined
    22 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '08 01:15
    you think new people reading that coming on this site are going to join?????????????????????????????????????
  8. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    02 Feb '08 01:38
    you think new people reading that coming on this site are going to join?????????????????????????????????????
    May I suggest you read up on the rules of chess - It is up to your opponent to mate you and you have the right to continue playing until the game comes to a final end

We may not always like the rules but we agree to abide by them by accepting the game/challenge of chess 😛
  9. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    02 Feb '08 01:45
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    Maybe so [b]but it is his/her right to do so[/b]
    very true,they abosutly have the choice... just like in real war... one army could be far behind and the other one cant just say "looks like we win here" they have to keep fighting..
  10. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '08 02:16
    I would rather play at a site after reading that then play at a site that forces me to resign under any condition.
  11. Broomfield, CO
    Moves
    02 Feb '08 05:18
    Different players have different skill levels. Some people purposely play on in drawn or lost positions and, I view those guys as... sore losers. However, some players may be playing on simply because they do not believe they are lost.

I am sure if I played Kasparov, he could get me in a few positions that I would play on in thinking that I'm ok while he might be scratching his head wondering "Why doesnt this idiot resign??"

We all have different skill & knowledge, just play your game.

-Michael
  12. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    02 Feb '08 06:56
    Evidently, lots of the people who've already joined are dragging games. That's what your first post said, anyway.

How would you propose to solve this problem? Can you think of a good way?
  13. Joined
    28 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Feb '08 09:56
    Also ...[text shortened]... k+q+r+pawn on 7th v k, all this is soooooooooo off putting for even a bog standard club player
    You have played 9 moves in years+.
    Get real.
  14. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    02 Feb '08 10:00
    Perhaps a time out win was on the cards.

Time is a part of chess.
  15. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    02 Feb '08 10:34
    I'm used to people not resigning in online games, but a few days ago a strong player did it against me in an over-the-board league game, which is much more unusual. I had a knight and five pawns against his bishop and two. He had no drawing chances whatsoever - my three extra pawns were all connected and passed, my king was centralised and I had plenty of time left.

I realised that he was coming to terms with the inevitable loss in his own way so just played the necessary moves calmly without any tutting noises or other such nonsense and eventually he did resign.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree