1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Jan '13 00:42
    Originally posted by Pacifique
    You did admit that you lack knowledge to jugde with your own brains. It means you are incompetent Mr.Cheating Ron
    You numbnuts, I judged with my own brain that the masters who say 3...d5 is the best defensive move in the Ponziani opening are correct. I only said I could not explain why 3...Nf6 is not quite as good. That does not mean I am incompetent to judge with my own brains. You probably did not even understand the video on it anyway. You definitely ain't no master chess player.
    😏
  2. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    26 Jan '13 04:47
  3. Joined
    26 Jan '12
    Moves
    26 Jan '13 09:561 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You numbnuts, I judged with my own brain that the masters who say 3...d5 is the best defensive move in the Ponziani opening are correct. I only said I could not explain why 3...Nf6 is not quite as good. That does not mean I am incompetent to judge with my own brains. You probably did not even understand the video on it anyway. You definitely ain't no master chess player.
    😏
    So you claimed 3....Nf6 "inferior" without being able to understand & explain why. Another evidence that you are not only liar, cheater and hypocrite, but also totally retarded.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Jan '13 13:14
    So you claimed 3....Nf6 "inferior" without being able to understand & explain why. Another evidence that you are not only liar, cheater and hypocrite, but also totally retarded.
    You are the one that does not understand. I provided you with the video information you needed and you still don"t understand. If you can't understand that, then why is it any wonder that I can't explain it to a numbnuts. Not that I am admitting to it, but being a a liar, cheater, hypocrite, and a total retard is not as bad as being a total numbnuts, like you. Ha! 😏
  5. Joined
    26 Jan '12
    Moves
    26 Jan '13 13:531 edit
    You are the one that does not understand. I provided you with the video information you needed and you still don"t understand. If you can't understand that, then why is it any wonder that I can't explain it to a numbnuts. Not that I am admitting to it, but being a a liar, cheater, hypocrite, and a total retard is not as bad as being a total numbnuts, like you. Ha! 😏
    You provide this forum with worthless crap (including information you`re unable to evaluate). When will you keep your promise to leave Mr. Cheating Ron?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Jan '13 14:00
    You provide this forum with worthless crap (including information you`re unable to evaluate). When will you keep your promise to leave Mr. Cheating Ron?
    I did leave and then I came back, Mr. Numbnuts. 😏
  7. e4
    Moves
    26 Jan '13 14:012 edits
    3....Nf6 v 3....d5

I wondered what the really good guys played when faced with the Ponz.
    So I checked on games from Informator which usually gives just GM and IM games.

It would appear it is a 6 and two 3's reply and it all depends on your style.
    Players who you think would fight for the initiative as Black tend to favour 3...Nf6.

Dueckstein - Larsen, Le Havre, 1966
    Minev - Sax, Baja 1971
    Velimirovic - Tal, Yugoslavija-USSR, 1979
    Makropoulos - Matanovic, Rome, 1981
    Kuijf (2490) - Anand (2555), Wijk aan Zee, 1990

Anand then in 1990 was a fighter that is why I have left his 1990 grade.
    Now of course he is adaptable in choosing who to mix it with.

These players all chose 3...Nf6.

If your style is to equalise first as Black then we all know who is the leader in this strategy
    Anatoly Karpov.

And indeed in Ljubojevic - Karpov, Ljubljana, 1975 Karpov played 3....d5.

So all done and dusted? Probably not.

The Ljubojevic - Karpov game produced a flurry of tactics which 3....d5
    players perhaps hoped they might avoid.

8. Joined
    26 Jan '12
    Moves
    26 Jan '13 14:08
    I did leave and then I came back, Mr. Numbnuts. 😏
    Just another one of your lies Mr. Cheating Ron.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Jan '13 14:12
    Just another one of your lies Mr. Cheating Ron.
    Here look at this video again and listen too this time.

YouTube
  10. Joined
    26 Jan '12
    Moves
    26 Jan '13 14:151 edit
    Here look at this video again and listen too this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOZLHeKWhTQ
    Stop posting crap in forums and keep your promise to leave this site!
  11. Standard memberkingshill
    Mr Ring Rusty
    Wales
    Moves
    26 Jan '13 14:17
    Only wish we could ban the word 'Psy@~😠:ical'..!!

I play Nf6 on here and over the board. I'm also happy to play f5 over the board as it get me the type of position I like and I'm comfortable with.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Jan '13 14:25
    Stop pretending you are near master level and try to learn something. A 2200 rating on here does not mean crap. A 2130 USCF rated OTB player would win easily over any of you in an OTB tournament. 😏
  13. Joined
    26 Jan '12
    Moves
    26 Jan '13 14:28
    Stop pretending you are near master level and try to learn something. A 2200 rating on here does not mean crap. A 2130 USCF rated OTB player would win easily over any of you in an OTB tournament. 😏
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Jan '13 15:20
    Originally posted by kingshill
    Only wish we could ban the word 'Psy@~😠:ical'..!!

I play Nf6 on here and over the board. I'm also happy to play f5 over the board as it get me the type of position I like and I'm comfortable with.
    Yeah, when we first played you told me you always played the f5 move against the Ruy Lopez. I had played against that before, but I always listened to the idea that the best way to refute a gambit is to accept it. But when I had accepted it in the past, the attacking possibilities against Black's kingside always seemed to hard to resist. With best play on Black's part, my attack would soon run out and I found myself defending against an advanced pawn that cramped my position.

In your case I looked at how some others handled that defense against you and checked a few opening books and decided on one that turned out better, but I could still only get a draw. I finally found one that apparently worked on you psychology and allowed me to be victorious. Oh the glory of it! 😏
  15. Joined
    26 Jan '12
    Moves
    26 Jan '13 15:44
    Yeah, when we first played you told me you always played the f5 move against the Ruy Lopez. I had played against that before, but I always listened to the idea that the best way to refute a gambit is to accept it. But when I had accepted it in the past, the attacking possibilities against Black's kingside always seemed to hard to resist. With best play on ...[text shortened]... parently worked on you psychology and allowed me to be victorious. Oh the glory of it! 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree