1. Donation!~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    Your Kingside
    Moves
    16 Aug '06 03:43
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    See my post above yours 😛. Ah totally forgot about the first puzzle! Yes that one I looked at tactics almost entirely...
    Agreed. I was always under the assumption that planning was what happening when winning forced don't exist, and it really doesn't make any sense to calculate concrete variations.
  2. Joined
    21 Sep '05
    Moves
    16 Aug '06 12:47
    Originally posted by RahimK
    12.h3 or 12.h4 - The move 12.h3 is timid and does nothing.
    I think this is one of the main drawbacks of the method. i.e. some moves get dismissed too easily. I'm not suggesting h3 is best, but it does have merit.

Compare games with a similar pawn structure. Sometimes White wants to play Be3 & Qd2 without allowing Ng4. Or sometimes the centre gets closed by Black with e5, and then the bishop on b7 goes c8 heading for g4. Or Black plays Ng4-e5, or White plays Bf4 and if Nh5, then Bh2. So I don't agree that h3 does nothing - it's a candidate move.
  3. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    16 Aug '06 16:48
    Originally posted by RahimK
    Have any of you seriously though of a plan and then used it during your games? I most just play a move I like but i'm thinking I should start planning. Here's a good example one .....
    White to move, plan away.
    You have got your wires crossed as that is not a strategic position, .Its a tactical position.
  4. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 03:12
    Originally posted by z00t
    You have got your wires crossed as that is not a strategic position, .[b]Its a tactical position.[/b]
    But it was discovered by means of a strategic plan. and the tactics helped the plan out.
  5. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 16:15
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    But it was discovered by means of a strategic plan. and the tactics helped the plan out.
    Auch das noch! My friend see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess_strategy_and_tactics

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree