1. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    30 Aug '06 22:47
    IS THERE ANYWAY TO PLAY CHESS WITH SOMEONE ON THE SPOT AND NOT LIKE ONE/TWO MOVES A DAY?????????? THIS IS GETTN ANNOYING ONLY BEING ABLE TO PLAY A MONTH LONG GAME.....SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THIS B.S.----THANX IF YA CAN
  2. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    30 Aug '06 22:48
    Originally posted by ELEMENTS305
    IS THERE ANYWAY TO PLAY CHESS WITH SOMEONE ON THE SPOT AND NOT LIKE ONE/TWO MOVES A DAY?????????? THIS IS GETTN ANNOYING ONLY BEING ABLE TO PLAY A MONTH LONG GAME.....SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THIS B.S.----THANX IF YA CAN
    Sure, I can help. Hit the button that reads "caps lock".
  3. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    30 Aug '06 23:10
    Join a blitz chess site (theres an icon on the home page) or look for fast movers in the Player Table and challenge them to a 1/0 game. Message them asking if they want to stay on line and play blitz first. I've finished many games in 60 minutes.
  4. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    31 Aug '06 14:26
    First off, all caps is extremely annoying and rude. Please refrain from such behavior in the future.

Second, this is a correspondence site. By definition games will last months.

If you do not wish to play correspondence chess, play a "live game". check out www.fics.org (free internet chess site) or even yahoo games if you're desperate. Their are other choices for live chess but most require a subscription.
  5. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    31 Aug '06 14:29
    Originally posted by TommyC
    It's a temporary sacrifice, which is still a sacrifice. Btw, why does everyone care so much about exact usage of this particular term? This 'debate' seems to come up again and again in the forum, and imo is a waste of time that distracts from more interesting chessy things in the threads.
    As I have said before, we all recognize that this "sacrafice" is a good investment for you. However due to the nature of how we think in chess and calculate, I still call them sacrafices because it is not natural for us to look to trade a rook for a pawn.
  6. Joined
    04 Apr '06
    Moves
    31 Aug '06 14:38
    1b. h5

...where do I start...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree