1. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    19 Jun '07 12:38
    I'm starting to think that looking at Tal's, Shirov's and Morphy's game is going to do me more bad than good at the long run, but what the heck the games are fun this way.

Game 3685009
  2. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    19 Jun '07 13:15
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    I'm starting to think that looking at Tal's, Shirov's and Morphy's game is going to do me more bad than good at the long run, but what the heck the games are fun this way.

Game 3685009
    Methinks that game had very little to do with Tal's, Shirov's or Morphy's games.
  3. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    19 Jun '07 13:16
    Originally posted by zebano
    Methinks that game had very little to do with Tal's, Shirov's or Morphy's games.
    Me too...
    😞
    But those are the guys who are giving me this crazy ideas.
  4. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    19 Jun '07 13:21
    Me too...
    😞
    But those are the guys who are giving me this crazy ideas.
    It was a little too unsound, h5 would have stopped all the threats as far as i can see, i cant remember the move number, i think 25. when you play Qh5 thje move after h5 would have stopped you in your tracks, a peice down, iright?
  5. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    19 Jun '07 13:432 edits

Game 3685009
    Id start to take more control of the center from the opening, the more space and development you have the better chance you have of dynamic play/compensation working for you 🙂
  6. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    19 Jun '07 14:03
    Originally posted by mazziewag
    It was a little too unsound, h5 would have stopped all the threats as far as i can see, i cant remember the move number, i think 25. when you play Qh5 thje move after h5 would have stopped you in your tracks, a peice down, iright?
    Are you talking about move 16? Cause the game only had 23 moves.
  7. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    19 Jun '07 14:08
    Originally posted by Bedlam
    Id start to take more control of the center from the opening, the more space and development you have the better chance you have of dynamic play/compensation working for you 🙂
    You're right! I decided to try the KIA cause I'm loving to play the KID. But iwas just too passive in the opening and decided to spice things up with a little bit of madness.
    Anyway thanks for the advice and keep them coming if you want to.
  8. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    19 Jun '07 14:57
    Game 3584882
    22...Qc6
    I just sent my opponent a friendly in-game message
    "Ra8"
    Doh!
    What a cock🙄
    What makes it worse is that I've done this at least twice before.
  9. Joined
    02 Apr '07
    Moves
    19 Jun '07 18:34
    after 1....f6
    2. e4 would have left you a strong position. Just try to work on the weak f6 square and you would have had your king chase. This would have been especially true after 2...e5. Then 3.Nxe5 and its a walk in the park from there.
  10. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    20 Jun '07 02:37
    Originally posted by endgamer
    after 1....f6
    2. e4 would have left you a strong position. Just try to work on the weak f6 square and you would have had your king chase. This would have been especially true after 2...e5. Then 3.Nxe5 and its a walk in the park from there.
    I would have gone with 2.d4, not praying for my opponent to play 2...e5??
  11. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    20 Jun '07 14:16
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    I would have gone with 2.d4, not praying for my opponent to play 2...e5??
    to endgamer and cmsMaster:
    I think you are both right but on that game I was trying to experiment with the KIA and then just got some madness flowing on me.
    But if in the near future some opponent decides to weaken his f6 square on me I'll try to take advantage of it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree