Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. Standard member cludi
    Blogger
    01 Aug '07 10:44
    Just wanted to let you all know that I've started a new chess blog. You'll find some of my annotated games, book reviews, articles, daily puzzle amongst other things. I would appreciate your visit and even better, your comments on the games and/or articles!

    http://www.clausjensen.com

    Thanks,
    cludi
  2. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    01 Aug '07 10:56
    Just read this post: The Exchange Sacrifice, Part I
    What a great game!
  3. Standard member cludi
    Blogger
    01 Aug '07 11:15
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    Just read this post: The Exchange Sacrifice, Part I
    What a great game!
    Thanks. I'm very satisfied with my efforts in that game - as in most of the games I post on my blog
  4. 01 Aug '07 15:21
    Originally posted by cludi
    Just wanted to let you all know that I've started a new chess blog. You'll find some of my annotated games, book reviews, articles, daily puzzle amongst other things. I would appreciate your visit and even better, your comments on the games and/or articles!

    http://www.clausjensen.com

    Thanks,
    cludi
    Your blog looks instructive and entertaining -- congratulations!
  5. Standard member cludi
    Blogger
    01 Aug '07 15:58
    Originally posted by der schwarze Ritter
    Your blog looks instructive and entertaining -- congratulations!
    Thanks. If anyone find errors in analysis or if you have comments of any kind, please share them with me...!
  6. 01 Aug '07 16:17
    Originally posted by cludi
    Thanks. If anyone find errors in analysis or if you have comments of any kind, please share them with me...!
    I just thought of something: Since you're doing book reviews, I was wondering if you'd also include reviews of Danish and Scandinavian chess books on your site?

    Best regards,

    DSR
  7. Standard member cludi
    Blogger
    01 Aug '07 16:28
    Originally posted by der schwarze Ritter
    I just thought of something: Since you're doing book reviews, I was wondering if you'd also include reviews of Danish and Scandinavian chess books on your site?

    Best regards,

    DSR
    I haven't planned that much as the blog is very new.
    Originally I thought that reviewing Danish or Scandinavian languaged books would be of only little interest to RHP users, but maybe it's not a bad idea...
    We'll see!
  8. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    01 Aug '07 16:28
    Originally posted by cludi
    Just wanted to let you all know that I've started a new chess blog. You'll find some of my annotated games, book reviews, articles, daily puzzle amongst other things. I would appreciate your visit and even better, your comments on the games and/or articles!

    http://www.clausjensen.com

    Thanks,
    cludi
    Great work, Cludi.

    Just after a quick browse, it seems that it'd be nice if you used a java chess game browser, like this one... http://www.chessclub.com/chessviewer/pgnform.html

    or at the very least included all the pgn in one complete block for copy and pasting purposes.

    D
  9. Standard member cludi
    Blogger
    01 Aug '07 16:32
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Great work, Cludi.

    Just after a quick browse, it seems that it'd be nice if you used a java chess game browser, like this one... http://www.chessclub.com/chessviewer/pgnform.html

    or at the very least included all the pgn in one complete block for copy and pasting purposes.

    D
    I've been looking for a game browser without finding anything useful so far...Clicking the redhotpawn.com link in the game header directs you to the game on rhp, but I know it's not the best solution.

    Thanks for the link, Ill check it out very soon.
  10. 01 Aug '07 23:01
    Very nice work cludi. I know I will spend time reading it. One thought for you to mull over...I have repeatedly heard and read advice from strong players to look for opening books that have a good balance of theory and explanation. My suggestion is for you to put in your books section a list of recommended books for various openings. I realize that this would be alot of work, but I havent seen any other book review site that sorts this way, so I would find it helpful. Perhaps someone else would as well. At any rate, very nice job!
  11. Standard member TheQuinnOfAMS
    Chessplaya
    01 Aug '07 23:05
    Looks very professional and well designed. Do some more book reviews though.
  12. Standard member cludi
    Blogger
    02 Aug '07 21:08
    Originally posted by TheQuinnOfAMS
    Looks very professional and well designed. Do some more book reviews though.
    Thanks.
    And I agree with you, that more book reviews would be good.
    But right now my priority is to annotate some of my games.
    For more reasons:

    1) It forces me to analyze my own game
    2) I think it's interesting for most readers
    3) I haven't read that many recent books - and some of them are danish languaged
  13. Standard member cludi
    Blogger
    03 Aug '07 12:58
    Reading my post just before this one would tell you that book reviews are not on top of my to-do list. But then I thought, why not let the RHP users post reviews of books they recently studied??

    OK, if you want to do a book review of a recently read book, please PM me and I tell you what to do next.

    Any submissions would be greatly appreciated...
  14. 03 Aug '07 14:46
    Originally posted by cludi
    Reading my post just before this one would tell you that book reviews are not on top of my to-do list. But then I thought, why not let the RHP users post reviews of books they recently studied??

    OK, if you want to do a book review of a recently read book, please PM me and I tell you what to do next.

    Any submissions would be greatly appreciated...
    I like how you put your losses on the website as well, as they are just as educational as games you have won. I can tell you put a lot of effort in it, good job.
  15. 03 Aug '07 20:05
    At least its different from other chess blogs where they have win in 5 moves or something similar or quiz of the day. It would be good for more chess players to have chess blogs where they do something different than the mate in 5 etc.