Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. Standard member Smiffy
    SPS CLAN
    12 Feb '07 14:11
    the next engine user has just been banned
  2. 12 Feb '07 14:14
    Originally posted by Smiffy
    the next engine user has just been banned
    Oh dear, cms is going to be in tears over this one.
  3. Standard member Korch
    Chess Warrior
    12 Feb '07 14:49
    Originally posted by Smiffy
    the next engine user has just been banned
    I`m not surprised - I had 2 games against her and some of her moves seemed for me too "unhuman".
  4. Standard member Weadley
    NONE
    12 Feb '07 17:25
    LOOK like she is still here.
  5. Standard member gambit05
    Mad Murdock
    12 Feb '07 17:32
    Originally posted by Weadley
    LOOK like she is still here.
    Why do you think so?
  6. Standard member Dragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    12 Feb '07 17:57 / 2 edits
    Another opponent of mine and I didn't realise a thing.

    Game 2364929 - I blundered and gave a piece away in the opening so why should I suspect a thing - although she was surreal with that B pair.

    Game 2364928 - How did I draw against an engine?

    CMSmaster these are Kings Gambit Clan games so can you please start setting me up with human opponents!
  7. Standard member Mathurine
    sorozatgyilkos
    12 Feb '07 18:03
    I beat her once, which just goes to show that, whatever an engine's strengths may be, you can click that little skull just the same !
  8. Standard member Weadley
    NONE
    12 Feb '07 18:21 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by gambit05
    Why do you think so?
    because I searched for the player and she came up.
    It did not say banned.

    edit: because I did not click far enough down the links. My Bad!
  9. 12 Feb '07 18:24
    :'(
  10. 12 Feb '07 19:31
    I hate to say that it doesn't surprise me. Not to be stereotypical, but she didn't strike me as the Expert Class type of player. Too, ...low-brow? Beef in, Beef out? Give me a break, I bet it wasn't even a female.
  11. 12 Feb '07 19:36
    Originally posted by Ian68
    Oh dear, cms is going to be in tears over this one.
    Damn.
  12. 12 Feb '07 20:22 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    Another opponent of mine and I didn't realise a thing.

    Game 2364929 - I blundered and gave a piece away in the opening so why should I suspect a thing - although she was surreal with that B pair.

    Game 2364928 - How did I draw against an engine?

    CMSmaster these are Kings Gambit Clan games so can you please start setting me up with human opponents!
    Only another 120 some odd ppl to go before you make it to the top 10 eh DF?

    I wonder if we will go a while before anyone else is banned or if more are coming. Seems like they happen in flurries.
  13. Standard member Korch
    Chess Warrior
    12 Feb '07 20:22 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    Another opponent of mine and I didn't realise a thing.

    Game 2364929 - I blundered and gave a piece away in the opening so why should I suspect a thing - although she was surreal with that B pair.

    Game 2364928 - How did I draw against an engine?

    CMSmaster these are Kings Gambit Clan games so can you please start setting me up with human opponents!
    Maybe she didnt start to use engine then. Also some moves she could do withhout assistance of engine. Anyway - I`m pretty sure that she have used engine against me - for example in Game 2894826 I dont believe that human if he/she isnt GM would find 20...h5!!.
  14. 12 Feb '07 20:29
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    Another opponent of mine and I didn't realise a thing.

    Game 2364929 - I blundered and gave a piece away in the opening so why should I suspect a thing - although she was surreal with that B pair.

    Game 2364928 - How did I draw against an engine?

    CMSmaster these are Kings Gambit Clan games so can you please start setting me up with human opponents!
    Hm, Natacha wasn't even on my suspicion list...I was blinded!
  15. 12 Feb '07 20:32 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Korch
    Maybe she didnt start to use engine then. Also some moves she could do withhout assistance of engine. Anyway - I`m pretty sure that she have used engine against me - for example in Game 2894826 I dont believe that human if he/she isnt GM would find 20...h5!!.
    I don't understand h5,maybe I'm stupid but could you please explain why is h5 in you opinion a double exclamation mark move and why would only a gm/strong engine play it?
    Edit: Nevermind I think I figured it out.