1. Standard memberSteve45
    Mozart
    liverpool
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 20:20
    Hi everyone,
    Iv'e just entered a Tourney, where one of the other participents already has over 700 games in progress. Does anyone agree with me, that I find this to be quite selfish, in as much as this player is taking a place that could be filled by someone who has less games in progress. I mean, how many games do certain players want to play? Sorry if this subject has been discussed before.
    Steve
  2. Toronto
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 20:45
    Hi Steve. I am in the same tournament. I am playing him in another tournament and he is making timely moves. I saw one player with 1700 games going. Amazing, but who cares?
  3. Standard memberSteve45
    Mozart
    liverpool
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 21:08
    Originally posted by tefeather
    Hi Steve. I am in the same tournament. I am playing him in another tournament and he is making timely moves. I saw one player with 1700 games going. Amazing, but who cares?
    I know your right, we should,nt care. But the point is, its the same players that keep popping up in these Tourney,s 90% of the time.
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 22:50
    Originally posted by Steve45
    I know your right, we should,nt care. But the point is, its the same players that keep popping up in these Tourney,s 90% of the time.
    But without the regular tournament players it would be more difficult to get the tournaments off the ground.
    If a tournament is filled quite quickly I believe the admins create another identical one.
    I mainly play in club tournaments but I've seen on the list things like "long haul octets 111" for example so I don't think the high volume players are depriving anyone of a seat in the tournaments
  5. Joined
    01 Apr '05
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 23:10
    I don't know how some of these players do it either - but provided they make their moves within time constraints, we've nothing to complain about. Unfortunately playing these guys can make for very protracted games because they'll tend to use all their time available.
    Eleven months for a single game for example 😴
    Suffering a defeat against a guy with over 1000 games on the go is humbling, when you just know he's afforded you about 2 seconds' worth of careful consideration per move 🙄
  6. Joined
    22 Dec '15
    Moves
    05 Feb '16 05:29
    It's similar to live tournaments in USA minus NY/CA, where you see the same few guys in your area in a thin pool, wheres there's 80%ish similarity each time. In a way it's cool as you get to build off past experience and work on "anti-Jeff" opening lines, instead of working on overall stuff you don't know if you'll ever use.
  7. SubscriberZorroTheFoxonline
    MAP since 090214!
    Round Rock, TX
    Moves
    28 Feb '16 20:113 edits
    Yes, I was one of those in the past who was not satisfied with the game load! Once I estimated how many moves per month I needed to meet and surpass the millionth move, I joined any possible tournaments, club tournaments, etc. It was good to see other fellow chess players who like to play chess, some are high rated players at these tournament games. I was playing over 1200 games at one time. It looks like Veca has done a superb job of playing over 20,000 moves a month. To me, that is incredible! However, he is still maintaining a respectable rating. I found him to be a good player. Also, look at Marko Krale, my fellow millionth player! Marko is not playing as many games as before, he has a respectable rating and a good player. As for me, I am trying to wind down and not looking for as many tournaments as I did. My total number games are less than 800, I can relax a bit. Especially, when I retired and see some of the these type threads. All I can say, if you cannot carry the huge gameload, then do not play so many games! As you can tell, this is an individual goal of playing more or less. The opportunity is there to play more on this site. You, as a chess player, have the option to play more on this fabulous site. As the saying goes, your opinion is your opinion, everyone has one!
  8. Joined
    06 Jan '16
    Moves
    13 Mar '16 05:55
    I am on another chess site also and even platinum subscribers are only allowed 400 games. I think you are being unfair to opponents by making them wait ages for your moves although it is legal. on. the reverse of that it is great if they time-out.
  9. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Mar '16 07:43
    Can these over-loaders really play a single good game with so many games going on at one time?
  10. Joined
    01 Apr '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '16 08:27
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Can these over-loaders really play a single good game with so many games going on at one time?
    In a word - yes. You only have to check the ratings of some of the most active players, and if you find yourself up against (e.g.) Zorro, Marko Krale or Caissad4, good luck, you'll have to play well!
    But how they maintain such a standard with so many games going is beyond me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree