1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Sep '10 13:08
    Originally posted by skeeter
    Piss off parky. You're punching way over your weight and besides, GP's humour is "well known" and he's perfectly capable of defending himself.

skeeter
    Whereas you are an avowed elitist who thinks your chess ability is so far above most of the pack here only your voice and the other 2300 crowd can have valid points. In my opinion you pick and choose your games to make your rating as high as possible without actually having to play a real 2300 player so I don't think you are so way above everyone else sparky.
  2. Joined
    23 Sep '08
    Moves
    27 Sep '10 13:41
    Skeeter, your really not a nice kid, you act like a 5 year old with a tantrum anytime someone puts you straight, and like the above poster, you probably attained your rating through playing 1300-1500 players.
  3. Joined
    23 Sep '08
    Moves
    27 Sep '10 13:54
    Hey, sonhouse, fancy a unrated game in the future? I could play when my games go down a bit, Ill stick you on my buddies list.
  4. e4
    Moves
    27 Sep '10 14:031 edit
    Hi Skeets

"...but that's not what "10 ply" means GP, and you know it. Cheap shot."

I just wanted to show the Zuggers hiding in the postion.
    I like going down these wee fantasy roads and see where it takes me.

And the cheaper the shot the better, I'm am King of the Cheapo Merchants.

"...and you're still wrong. "

No you are wrong this time. It should have read.

"...and your're still wrong. (yet again)" 😉

But I am right here.

48 Ra5 mates in a few moves instead of the move played 48.Rf2
    most likely going for a back ranker or Rf7 & Rxa7 mate missing
    NxN covering f7 and no back rank anymore.

The lad is 70 years old, I'm letting him off with a few stray moves
    appearing every now and then. Especially in a totally won postion.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Sep '10 20:13
    Originally posted by hintjul
    Hey, sonhouse, fancy a unrated game in the future? I could play when my games go down a bit, Ill stick you on my buddies list.
    Sure, just chall me, don't know how to set up a non-rated game though.
  6. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Sep '10 20:35
    Originally posted by hintjul
    Skeeter, your really not a nice kid, you act like a 5 year old with a tantrum anytime someone puts you straight, and like the above poster, you probably attained your rating through playing 1300-1500 players.
    Not that I give a rats scrote about what you think but I'm hardly likely to get rating points from thrashing sub 1500's.

skeeter
  7. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Sep '10 20:41
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    .....your're
    ?? Don't think so GB but you're probably just winding me up, I suspect. Love your work .

skeets
  8. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Sep '10 20:45
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Whereas you are an avowed elitist who thinks your chess ability is so far above most of the pack here only your voice and the other 2300 crowd can have valid points. In my opinion you pick and choose your games to make your rating as high as possible without actually having to play a real 2300 player so I don't think you are so way above everyone else sparky.
    PM me sonhouse if you want me to elaborate on why I avoid the front page circuit, but you probably know what I'm on about.

Just for the record I was once the highest rated player here for some 12 weeks with a rating lower than my present. Says it all really.

skeeter
  9. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    27 Sep '10 21:15
    Is it bad that half the time Skeeter cusses someone out, I don't have a clue what he means. What is a parky?

Likewise, the way the elo system works you can't really game the system by playing lower players. If Skeeter draws a 1500 he would lose a ton of pts and get probably zero rating points by winning. So how is that gaming the system?
  10. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Sep '10 21:43
    Originally posted by nimzo5
    Is it bad that half the time Skeeter cusses someone out, I don't have a clue what he means. What is a parky?

Likewise, the way the elo system works you can't really game the system by playing lower players. If Skeeter draws a 1500 he would lose a ton of pts and get probably zero rating points by winning. So how is that gaming the system?
    My bad, 'parky' was a typo. Less haste more speed required there. I pretty much keep to myself but if someone winds me up then they get it back, double in spades.

Nature off the bitch I suppose.

skeets

ps. ...just looked at 'parky' in Websters and that was not my intention, even given my track record for that sort of comment. Apols to hinjul if he thought it was.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Sep '10 21:534 edits
    Originally posted by skeeter
    PM me sonhouse if you want me to elaborate on why I avoid the front page circuit, but you probably know what I'm on about.

Just for the record I was once the highest rated player here for some 12 weeks with a rating lower than my present. Says it all really.

skeeter
    You seem to forget your profile has all your games and your last two were against some 900 player, then I had to go back almost 50 games before I found even one against a 2200 player, which you lost. Your record speaks for itself. Go back even further and I see a string of losses against the upper ranks. So tell me about how strong you really are.
    Also, you already told me why you don't play the upper ranks.

For instance, the # 1 Capa average player rating, 1934, 2176, 2043
    #2 Weyer, average 0. 2005, 2032
    #3 Fantal 1724, 1937, 1943
    #4 Aletern8 1810,2035,2104
    #6 Skeeter, 5 years ago, 1701, 1 year ago, 1634, 90 days ago, 1586

I think a pattern is showing. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think so, to paraphrase Randy Newman on Monk.

In a REAL tournament, the director assigns games according to ratings, so you would not be allowed to play a long string of 1600's. In my last tournament, I only had one player in the 1200 range, the rest 1900's and 1800's. My USCF is pretty low by your standards I suppose, at about 1750 but I am not afraid to take on players of any rank. For one thing, the higher the opponents rating the less you lose when you lose and the more you gain if you happen to win.
  12. Joined
    27 Apr '07
    Moves
    27 Sep '10 22:09
    I enjoyed reading this thread.

Congrats to Capa Whatshisname.
  13. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Sep '10 23:06
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You seem to forget your profile has all your games and your last two were against some 900 player, then I had to go back almost 50 games before I found even one against a 2200 player, which you lost. Your record speaks for itself. Go back even further and I see a string of losses against the upper ranks. So tell me about how strong you really are.
    Also, yo ...[text shortened]... ponents rating the less you lose when you lose and the more you gain if you happen to win.
    Yep. It's just plain hard to beat those engines and if I have to play sub 2100's to get an honest game then sobeit. I certainly don't apologise for that or the inference - everyone is aware of my stance and outings in the past on that. Regarding the 900 - which seriously affected my average - that was an open tourney and I have no control over who enters after I do.

skeets
  14. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    27 Sep '10 23:11
    I have two games going with skeeter and the third person in our tournament group is Kaoslos a 2100- random really does mean random.
  15. Joined
    27 Apr '07
    Moves
    27 Sep '10 23:17
    How is it proven that one uses an engine? Might a really good human not also come up with the same moves?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree